PO-32 + Microtonic tutorial

Hello,

I made a tutorial on the new PO-32 and the Microtonic. For anyone into that :wink:
https://youtu.be/qwm4VWmcAEA

This sounds so good. You make it hard not to want one. I resisted based on how much I use my other POs. But might be something to pick up some time this year (after Digitakt and OP-Z).

Well done Cuckoo!! I watched this video in its entirety last night. I really enjoyed the Microtonic synthesis part – I’m going to create some new sounds this weekend :o)
Cheers!

@cuckoo Great explanations! I didn’t realize the saving issue on the morph slider… explains why that knob was weird when I transferred to the tonic.

This sounds so good. You make it hard not to want one. I resisted based on how much I use my other POs. But might be something to pick up some time this year (after Digitakt and OP-Z).

Lol, a lot of stuff this year!! :smiley:

Well done Cuckoo!! I watched this video in its entirety last night. I really enjoyed the Microtonic synthesis part – I’m going to create some new sounds this weekend :o)
Cheers!

Thanks! It is a surprisingly well balanced sound engine. Sonic Charge is using his fine tuned ears and mind.

@cuckoo Great explanations! I didn’t realize the saving issue on the morph slider… explains why that knob was weird when I transferred to the tonic.

Cool mate!

@cuckoo Great explanations! I didn't realize the saving issue on the morph slider... explains why that knob was weird when I transferred to the tonic.

Can you explain the saving issue?

Can you explain the saving issue?

In the Microtonic software, you need to save both the Left and the Right morph states as two different kits. And when loaded back in, both the left and the right state must be loaded individually. It’s a bit confusing. In the stand-alone app you can export and import both states (and the sequencer data) as one big FXB file. But in the VST version, that is currently not possible.

Thanks @cuckoo! This migh explain some of the difficulties I had when attempting to create a completely pitched Microtonic patch, then transfer it to the PO Tonic. Will be fun to explore further…

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting the tutorial! Perfect Circuit Audio currently has the PO-32 (and lots of other products) discounted for their 4th of July sale - will definitely pick one up.

Hi cuckoo! Thank you very much for that great tutorial! And I know it is quite an old thread, but please let me ask you something, you are referring to a stand-alone version. I just can find the VST version of micro tonic. Did they put it away? Do you know? Thanks!

That one is here: https://soniccharge.com/microtonic
Does that help?

Thank you! That one I have! I could not find the stand alone, which also supports the left right morphing transfer thing, cuckoo mentioned. Maybe it’s a Mac OS thing only again.:slight_smile: