PO-33 KO owners - questions / observations

I’ve had mine since a weekish after release with cheap AAA’s and battery says 98% left. That’s with average play time and lot of rest.

my po-33 battery tends to lower from 99% to about 95% in about 2 weeks, but then it’s from 95% to zero quite fast (1-2 days).

1 Like

Hi
Can someone tell me if a factory reset on the PO 33 will also reset the samples back to factory?
I inadvertently used drum slot 1 to record in a series of voice sounds & so lost that drum kit. I thought by doing a factory reset I would regain the factory sounds (and my lost kit)
I’ve tried a factory reset three times now and unless I just haven’t got it right the samples and sounds are not reset.
So question is, does the PO 33 retain user samples over factory ones when doing a hard reset?
Maybe it should but mine isn’t?
Cheers.

1 Like

Hi
Can someone tell me if a factory reset on the PO 33 will also reset the samples back to factory?
I inadvertently used drum slot 1 to record in a series of voice sounds & so lost that drum kit. I thought by doing a factory reset I would regain the factory sounds (and my lost kit)
I’ve tried a factory reset three times now and unless I just haven’t got it right the samples and sounds are not reset.
So question is, does the PO 33 retain user samples over factory ones when doing a hard reset?
Maybe it should but mine isn’t?
Cheers.

I had the same problem and the factory reset worked fine.

If you aren’t able to do it I can upload the data for those to soundcloud. Hopefully that will work

3 Likes

i think my batteries might be lowish

using rechargeables so only 1.2V also instead of 1.5V.

but just ran into a weird thing where the FX stopped working.
i trigger them, the name of the effect shows up but no change in sound.
everything else seemed fine.
i pulled out one of the batteries and popped it back in.
then it wouldn’t let me set a time or go past the set clock procedure.
pulled them both out and put them back in, and seems okay again.

1 Like

Hi all
On my PO33 there are only Sounds on Keys 1-4 (Melodic) and on Keys 9-12 (Drum).
Keys 5-8 and 13-16 are empty? Is this normal by Factory or an error?
When error how can i set the original condition?

Thanks for Help for a PO “freshman”

Hi brunello, that is normal after a reset.

If you want to factory reset then take a battery out, hold down pattern and write while putting the battery back in.

Cheers Paul

Thx Paul, but.....

...what do you mean with 'normal after a reset'...... ?

I've made a 'factory reset' (pattern+write+battery in) but the keys 5-8 and 13-16 stays empty.

Is this the state from factory or should all keys be occupied ?

Greetings, Bruno

Thx Paul, but.....

...what do you mean with 'normal after a reset'...... ?

I've made a 'factory reset' (pattern+write+battery in) but the keys 5-8 and 13-16 stays empty.

Is this the state from factory or should all keys be occupied ?

Greetings, Bruno

5-8 and 13-16 are empty by default so you can add your own sounds while keeping the factory sounds.

Ok, now everything is clear :-)

Filling the melodic samples is not a problem, but the drum sounds are a challenge ;-)

Thx and Greetings
Bruno
Ok, now everything is clear :-)

Filling the melodic samples is not a problem, but the drum sounds are a challenge ;-)

Thx and Greetings
Bruno

Do you have an OP-1 as well? I like to take an OP-1 drumkit, change the end point on the first sample so 1 press plays the whole drum kit and sample that into the drum slot. PO-33 will do the slicing for you!

2 Likes
No, the OP1 is unfortunately not available in my studio....

...but i've achieved good results with different Drumkits on the TR-8 or Rebirth Mods
with different sounds on each of the 16 steps which i record in one piece in the PO :-)

Grettings
Bruno

1 Like

Hey everybody,
I’m new here so saying ‘Hi’ :slight_smile:
And maybe this is a stupid thing to ask, but I can’t figure out how to simply clear an existing pattern.
Thanks and regards,
Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,
Welcome to the community. To delete a pattern first select the pattern, then hold the record button and press pattern while still keeping record button pressed.
Hope this helps

1 Like

I don’t understand the lock paramter thing. I don’t understand what it does in music and I don’t achieve any changes while doing what it says in the manual. What is a parameter change and what difference should I hear?

@ForAiur said:
I don’t understand the lock paramter thing. I don’t understand what it does in music and I don’t achieve any changes while doing what it says in the manual. What is a parameter change and what difference should I hear?

The parameter locks change the filter/resonance or the tune/volume depending on which you select by repeatedly pressing FX.
So for example if you select ton (it shows at the top right of the display) and you play your sequence. You can now hold the WRITE button and turn knob B to record changes in volume to the sound you played last.
Just record a hi-hat on every step and try it out :slight_smile:
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello again,
@RisingSon thanks for the answer :slight_smile: I only discovered by today that its also printed on the back of the unit :wink:
Two other thinks I’m wondering about:

• is it possible to mute or solo parts? I saw some videos where people using an PO Tonic are muting parts by keeping the button pressed where the sound is “coming” from. And I read here: The Complete Teenage Engineering PO-33 K.O! Guide | by Callum Howkins | callumhowkins | Medium
    that it works on the PO-33 as well, but it doesn’t seam to work on my unit.

• does the clock work on other peoples PO-33s? I set my clock to the actual time and one day later the clock on the PO-33 is 3 hours and 2 minutes fast. I mean that is the less needed feature on PO-33 but I’m still wondering :wink:

cheers, Hendrik

@distorson Glad you figured it out!

To answer your other questions:

• I don’t think you can really mute the parts. At least it doesn’t work for my PO either. It might be an urban myth :slight_smile:
    It’s nice idea he made a proper manual, but I think he didn’t use the unit long enough before doing it. As in 5.3 he says by copying sound from one slot into another you can build a complex kits…which is not possible.

• About the clock I have no clue…didn’t pay proper attention to it.

@RisingSon said:
As in 5.3 he says by copying sound from one slot into another you can build a complex kits…which is not possible.

What do you mean? I often build my drum kits recording one shot samples into melodic slots and then copying them into a drum slot. I don’t really get what he means as “complex kits”, BTW I agree with you that doesn’t look like he spent a lot of time with his K.O. before writing that guide.

^ He also wrote a PO-35 guide. If you compare both guides, you will see many similar paragraphs. The mute trick works on the PO-35, since the voice and drum engines are both monophonic. Maybe it was a copy/paste error, but I don’t have a PO-33 to confirm for sure.

na def doesn’t work on the PO33. i just spent 10 minutes trying to get it to work. would have been kinda cool tho

1 Like