PO 33 Sample and Trim issues

Hey I just got a PO last week, been messing around with it and it seems to have some issues. Im not sure if Im just not familiar with the tool or if its actually defective. First problem is with the recording memory. Lets say I record a 10 second sample. After messing around with it a bit, decide I dont like it, and delete by holding record + sound. Now when I got to record a new sample, the countdown starts at 30seconds. It doesnt seem to be able to recover the original 10 seconds of memory unless i do a hard reset.

2nd issue seems to be with the trimming. As i use the B knob to adjust the end of the clip, its like the knob wobbles slightly and causes the sample to replay from the beginning. So if you watch the numbers on the top right, lets say i trim to numbers reading 615 - when i let go of the knob, the number wiggles a little and will jump to 613 - 616 - 614 - 615 - 613 it keeps doing this and causes the sample to repeat. Its really hard to trim a sample correctly when it keeps jumping all over the place. Is that normal or is my hardware messed up? Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

if you copy and paste a sample to another slot it still occupies the same amount of sample space if you delete the first. if you delete all 16 sample slots youll be back at 40. copies of the sample dont take up more space which is nice. I just tried copying a shortened sample from melodic into drum and then an individual slice from drum back to melodic. seems like it still holds the entire sample around the trim point. as per the second point sounds like your potentiometer is having issues. my several year old well loved unit doesnt have any trim wobbles.

2 Likes

I don’t experience the same issue, regarding the sample memory.

But the trim fonction on both my PO33 is tedious like yours. Keeps on moving back/forth and replaying from the start.
Same with the metronome. If I try to adjust the exact BPM and, say, set it to 80, when stopping at 80, it will usually jump to 81. Every. Damn. Time.
But it’s just minor things that I got used to.
Quirky little devices, with sub-quality pots.
My first PO33 had a broken internal mic. Others work fine. But both with fiddly knobs.

1 Like

Cool thanks for the feedback guys. I think my exchange window is still open so might just swap it and see how another unit does.

The memory one is weird. I’ve been pretty methodical with testing it out, but let say I sample to the melodic pad 5, and don’t copy or clip it to any other numbers - if I clear out pad 5 the memory still acts as if it’s saved. I don’t find the sample saved to any other numbers. shrug

1 Like

few troubles with your PO-33. When you delete a sample, it might not free up that space right away. Try doing a hard reset to get back the original memory.
About the trimming trouble, that wobbling thing isn’t normal. It’s tricky to get the trim right when it keeps jumping around

1 Like

i know this is not possible for everyone
but the best way to fix the jumpy values
is to replace the pots with better metal shaft ones
jumpy values gone completely

3 Likes