PO frustration

Looking through the directions and can’t seem to figure out the micro drum machine on SUB and FACTORY. When you press write, to record(not live),it seems to choose one of the drum sounds on its own to sequence. I’m not sure if there’s a way to change the sequenced sound? Does anyone out there have any idea what I’m talking about?

i have also experienced this/ it seems to always be the same patch.

It’s a mono drum machine. It always inputs the same base note (d08 iirc). To change it just keep the step pressed and turn the knob to change the base sound. Or input the notes live, though I have a hard time with timing, always input one step too soon.

The drums on sub are much more usable than the ones on factory.

Ok so I figured it out. Select the drum machine with sound + 16. Press write and look for record button on screen. Select which steps you want to be sequenced. Press and hold the LIT step and a D-? Will come up in the right corner. You can pick the drum sound for that step 1-16 as it is layed out on the keyboard! But the parameters are locked when you choose the drum sound. Hmmmmm

I describe the Mini drum machine in depth in my ebooks about the POs. For exempel how you get the right parameters for your sound and how to tweak it live. Along with lots of other stuff! :slight_smile:

http://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/850/pocket-operator-books-online-ibooks-and-google-play#latest

The FX affects the minidrum as well as the main line on both Sub And Factory.

E.g. Delay both on the note + minidrum.

The minidrum has its own two automation knobs, though : right is volume, and left is tone.
Select Sound+16 then press “Write” while turning the knobs : the changes are saved over time, in a different automation than the main sound.
This way you can completely shut down the minidrum while playing the main sound, and then put the volume up when needed.
To do so you have to maintain the volume automation knob up and down close to the level you wish.
This way you can completely shut down the minidrum while playing the main sound, and then put the volume up when needed.

Oh man, don’t know how I missed something so obvious xD