PO & OP1 sync

Does anybody know if the PO’s are syncable with the OP-1?

I ordered my PO’s still waiting though

record sync track to Tape, pan left iirc, play back into PO that is set to be slave. Or sample the PO sync, play with a sequencer and record to Tape, pan left, and play back into PO.

don’t really understand what you mean.

Have a look at this, if you have other questions let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-wNTJkZhA

And here’s @moedars demoing with a PO12 in another thread…

http://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/662/po-12-videos-or-14-or-16-po/p2#Comment_9760

@darenager If the Korg protocol sends a click every 8 notes, how come the receiving device knows which half of a sixteen patern it is supposed to correspond?

Guys, I just watched Cuckoo’s namm video on the pocket operators. When they talk about syncing the OP-1 and the PO’s they make it sound like it’s super easy but I really, really don’t get how to do this. Can anyone give me a clear step by step walkthrough? Would help me a lot.

Nothing in the manual?

Watch out for these limitations when doing the pulse track trick: No master fx, and no playing synths and drums outside of the tape screen.

@darenager If the Korg protocol sends a click every 8 notes, how come the receiving device knows which half of a sixteen patern it is supposed to correspond?

I think they are using some kind of software PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Apparently the PO’s work in exactly the same way, basically it listens for the first pulse then most likely estimates based on the pulsewidth when the next will arrive, sets the guessed tempo then when the second pulse arrives it locks it in, it continues to listen to the pulses so that tempo changes happen very accurately, I guess you could call it clock multiplication.

@Akeyling - all the info is in the video I posted above, but in summary record the pulse into the OP1, pan the pulse hard one way, pan all other audio on the OP1 the opposite way, split the output using a lead or adapter so that you have the pulse on one connector and audio on the other, connect the pulse connector into the PO input, adjust the audio level until it clocks correctly, making sure that you have all fx on the OP1 turned off.

@darenager Thanks, I will just give it a try tomorrow.

thanks for all the tips. When I get my new PO 12 and 14 and 16 That will be the first thing for me to check out.

Does anybody have an oplab? I’m thinking to buy one to get things sync in an easy way.
Would love to be able to get the follwing things in sync:

laptop
op-1
P0 12,14,16
groovebox 505

Well if you have the laptop in the mix the OPLab is not that useful.