Pocket Integrator help thread

Pocket Integrator, the add-on board for Pocket Operators, is now available from Crowd Supply and MSL! The first 100 units have shipped to Crowd Supply. My deepest thank-yous to all the OP Forums members who supported the crowdfunding campaign!

The OP Forum admins have kindly agreed to host this Pocket Integrator help thread. If you have any questions or issues with the Pocket Integrator – either the one you have, or the one that you’re thinking of getting – you can post your question here. I’ll answer as best I can, as soon as I’m able.

If you’re new to OP Forums, welcome! People are nice here. Please do read the OP Forums FAQ before posting, and please keep it civil.

Thanks,
-mykle-

6 Likes

Pocket Integrators were mailed out to all backers yesterday! They’ve departed the warehouse and are on the final leg of their journey to the real world. Everybody who ordered the Pocket Integrator last year should have received shipping notice email from CrowdSupply yesterday. So if you are one of the many folks who ordered one of these … thank you! Watch your mailbox for a special cardboard delivery.

(If you ordered a PI thru CrowdSupply but did not get an email about shipping, then please let me know, but also do log in to your CS account and check the status of your order there. I don’t expect any problems, tho.)

It was really cool to see how many of these were ordered by people in far-away places. I just hope the shipments to Sweden, Japan and Australia are able to arrive by Christmas …

Happy holidays!
-mykle-

2 Likes

Hi. Sorry I don’t know how to start a topic but I have a question. Love my integrator. It’s ace. But it’s developed a high pitched whine. Gets worse on AC5 and almost gone on AC0. Change cable no difference. Any ideas? Thx. A.

Hi! Sorry, that’s not supposed to happen.
I wonder if the problem is low batteries; that can actually raise the noise floor on the PO. Does changing batteries have an effect? Or plugging in USB power?
Also, which model of PO are you using it with?
-m-

By Jove I think that fixed it! (I was told they were ‘new’ but obv not. Seems to have fixed the issue anyway). It’s a Tonic by the way. I’m bouncing between that and the Rhythm as it’s permanent partner. Thx a mill. Love the product! A.

1 Like

Hey all! Just a note that there’s a new Firmware Update for Pocket Integrator available at the main PI page: Pocket Integrator | mykle systems labs .

It turns our that some slight changes in the latest production run of POs from Teenage Engineering cause glitches with PI, but this firmware update fixes that.

It fixes a couple other things too; if you’ve had any issue with clock ticks bleeding into the audio channel, this update should help.

Really there’s no reason not to install this update on all Pocket Integrators. But if your PI is working well for you at the moment, don’t feel obliged.

Cheers,
-mykle-

Hi! Just got my PI and having lots of fun shaking it around. I can’t seem to pick up a sync though - I just get a shaker sound. I’m using a PO-22 and I have it set to SY4 and have updated the firmware. When I hit play, the icon just blinks but the playback won’t start. When I hit the side buttons the lights are coming on, but I’m not sure if it is changing anything. I get the shaker sound at all times. Any tips?

Hi ajoe. I’m sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your PI.
There could be something wrong with your cable, or with one of the jacks. If you switch to SY0 mode (the default) and press play, and you see the lights on the PI blink, do you hear a click noise in time with them? In SY0 mode the Pocket Operator will make the sound of the sync signal audible.
If you don’t hear that click, try testing with a different cable. Also, you can try plugging the cable into the right-hand jack of the PI instead of the left-hand jack. Let me know if any of that works.
-m-