Pocket operator field?

a pocket operator for midi sequencing + arpeggiation would be sweet. maybe a po12 on pad 16 /or 8 engines per upper n lower pads /or whatever

basically an rk008 from retrokits in pocket operator format

metal po-x case, right?

3 Likes

bump

a pocket operator field with like 4 or 5 pocket operator engines, trs midi, backlit screen and a metal case with solid pots/knobs would be dope af … ive heard people discount the possibility of a pocket operator in the field range for reasons, but po’s are really as much of a flagship synth as the op-1 or op-z. maybe they’ll do op-zf first? then po-f??

maybe an entire field range is a hoax, and they’ll only revamp these two n that’s it …

1 Like

my only problem with this is… well the op-z. it’s already a better PO. i don’t see why they would do a field PO instead of a field op-z :man_shrugging:

i’m not sure where this type of thing comes from. the field system is a real thing, and there will be more in the line. they’ve said as much on several occasions.

2 Likes

in all honesty
i would rather see them put out new stuff
rather than rehashing field versions of things that already exist

not saying a field Z or PO wouldn’t be cool or anything
(like @mat said, isn’t the Z kinda like a souped up PO already?)

6 Likes

its a format thing

full metal po format 12/24/32 drum thing would be a no brainer me, lot less fuss than any opzf and lol hopefully half the price

me too!

but i looks like theyre making field shit and tote bags now so po-f me

the new shit could be part of the field series

The opz is absolutely not a posh PO. the sequencer is good but the sounds are really boring.

2 Likes

I just cannot understand how anyone could say the sounds from the OP-Z are boring. They’re so versatile but again the effects are a bit lacking. I guess that’s just your opinion hahahaha. No abrasiveness here, that just blows my mind to hear.

1 Like

The synths just don’t have much to them. Very clean simple bloops. And the sample time is tiny. I really love the sound of the po series, frequently peculiar and nasty. And the fx on POs are amazing.

1 Like

looks like it’s 1 to 1 new shit to revamped old shit so far

po-12, 32, and 35 are sold out…wonder if they’d put a vocoder engine in with instances of a po12 + 32 drum-kits >:) who needs a backlit grid based metal p-lock sequencer anyway, even if it’s just effects

edit: backlit

1 Like

saw a documentary about the Fairlight Synthesizer and even clunky as it was and with half a second sampling time it was a huge success ayak

connect the op-z to your phone and sample all you need and 6/12 whole seconds are a lot to sample to.

again it’s so tiny and so powerful I would only accept a field kit which slips over the Z to control it with mechanical buttons and a way to motorize the knobs

1 Like

a field case?!

edit: pocket operator field case :sunglasses: no longer sili could lend po some opz capabilities
edit2: hire hanztech

bup

plot-twist it’s $2k …

:sweat_smile: it will be tho, but it’s aesthetic will be on point lol

the longer i wait, the more features creep in … oscilloscope!

i played a club in berlin again last night [cox!] and blew out their speaker system … no one was pissed, they said it was worth it … ppl danced around then i got paid. later they asked what happened, and i couldve answered better had i known the waveforms i was pushing … maybe

an oscilloscope on the ext. mic, or the line in. could help w sampling too tho its not my workflow.

rehearsal from the night before [computer as glorified usb battery]

4 Likes

Crazy setup for a club :open_mouth:

:joy::+1:
Did you record your set? Would love to hear it!

What’s the story with the pink sellotape?