Pocket Operator shutting down / resetting randomly?

Hey peeps :slight_smile: happy to find this forum. New to the PO’s, only got the PO20 Arcade after seeing Cuckoo’s vid about the 2 new ones. I use it live with my comedy song duo STICKY BISCUITS, works great, very much in love with it.

Here’s my issue: the PO20 shuts down randomly here and there. Screen goes blank in the middle of doing things, restarts, all recent changes are lost and I have to select pattern, bpm etc. new to continue playing. Very problematic for live performing. Anybody else had this problem? Happened with NiMH recharchables and normal Alkaline batteries. Thought it was because of the batteries being low, but could play on after the resetting or next day for a while without shutting down again.

Is it possible the thing is sensitive to moisture? I noticed the wire stand on the back where my fingers (which I hold it with, standing) touch has changed color a bit, probably due to the moisture on my fingers. Posting a photo. Considering playing with a glove now :slight_smile:

Lemme know if anyone else experienced this. Thx!

FullSizeRender

1 Like

Try bending the battery connectors
Mine were too loose, it solved the issue

And try, when re-inserting the batteries, to slot them straight in, taking care not to put pressure on one battery terminal more than the other.

CB

Isn’t there an issue when the rechargeable batteries voltage drops? Sure I read it on other thread.

Isn't there an issue when the rechargeable batteries voltage drops? Sure I read it on other thread.

Just reread OP and saw that it was same with normal batteries. Ignore me!

@stickybiscuit have you thought about getting one of the TE cases for it?

mine sometimes did this when i pushed down on it too much. was the battery contact uncontacting w/ the battery.

pushed them in and hasn’t happened since.

THANKS, I’ll try the bending. What are your experiences with MOISTURE?

Ok…so fess up. We’re all discussing the most common scenario…and you omitted to mention flushing your pocket operator down the toilet? :slight_smile:

CB

Ok....so fess up. We're all discussing the most common scenario....and you omitted to mention flushing your pocket operator down the toilet? :-)

CB

ha! I omitted the scenario of me sweating profusely on stage, standing there only half rehearsed, knowing that I’ll probably press the wrong button here or there :slight_smile: