Pops/Clicks when making loops. Any fixes?

So I was hard at work last night on my next new piece and noticed a pop or click sound that happens every time the loop I made restarts. This never happened before but I usually just loop from 0:00 time, and now I’m a few bars in where the loop starts. I did some google searching and see others having this issue, are there any tips to remove or at least reduce this popping?

Thanks
Stig

The new update will most likely fix this with it’s new crossfaded end and start points. It’s so much smoother already in the beta

The new update will most likely fix this with it's new crossfaded end and start points. It's so much smoother already in the beta

Awesome. Hey man, if I install the beta now, will it wipe my current work I have on the OP-1? I have a really sick track right now, something I’ve really impressed myself with and not sure that I could recreate it perfectly, but I also want to get rid of the pop so I can record it.

I don’t know if this will help or not…and if it is common knowledge around here then plz ignore / forgive…

Before I bought my OP-1, I watched a ton of videos on YouTube where folks were making sketches / songs, and in every video they recorded loops the same way. That is…they would either play notes or sequence in something real time and then release the note / sequence at the end of the loop…trying to get the timing right so the pattern would loop without either gaps or without overdubbing onto the beginning of the loop.

I record differently, and so far have not had any problems with loop clicks (knock on wood).

Rather than try to time my release of the sequence / note to the end of the loop, I record an extra bar, then rewind back to the previous bar marker, press ‘join’ to split at that marker, ‘lift’ the extra bit, rewind to beginning of loop, press ‘lift’, then press ‘drop’ as many times as needed.

Again, I don’t know if this technique is common knowledge, but I haven’t had any problems yet and it is not the way I see folks doing it on YouTube so it might be worth a try.

Best of luck

@kamurah,

Thanks for the tip. I’ll give that a shot tonight. In the end, I hope the new software update will fix this. After a week of playing with it these clicks are my ONLY gripe. I love everything else about this bad boy. I even bought some of the overpriced accessories. Got the crank yesterday and its actually quite nice to have.

Please let me know if this works for you. I would be interested to find out if it is a viable workaround or I am just lucky so far.

BTW, I just bought my OP1 too, and I agree…I love it to bits. It is quickly becoming my go to piece. I just love the workflow…quirks and all. Every time I learn a new trick or workflow shortcut, it just seems so rewarding.

Let me know what you think of the crank…I was seriously thinking about picking up the bender. Also need to get a case because I know I will be missing out if I don’t take my ‘toy’ with me everywhere!

Please let me know if this works for you. I would be interested to find out if it is a viable workaround or I am just lucky so far.

BTW, I just bought my OP1 too, and I agree...I love it to bits. It is quickly becoming my go to piece. I just love the workflow...quirks and all. Every time I learn a new trick or workflow shortcut, it just seems so rewarding.

Let me know what you think of the crank....I was seriously thinking about picking up the bender. Also need to get a case because I know I will be missing out if I don't take my 'toy' with me everywhere!

I just got the crank yesterday and only played with it for a few minutes, but even just doing some simple stuff it makes it much easier to quickly track through the tape.

I also go the case yesterday along with the crank and its fantastic. Just the right fit. Its softer than I thought it would be, but offers enough protection with the memory foam padding that I think it could even survive a drop in the case. I wouldn’t test it, but I sure don’t want to just throw the OP in my backpack without anything around it.

I also ordered the bender which will be here soon. Got that and the extra accessory pouch to attach to the case (it already has one small pouch but I want to have one for a couple cords and one for the extra parts.

So far the only accessory I feel is kind of a waste is the antenna. I tuned into a couple stations without it, then plugged it in and didn’t notice a difference. Maybe there are some stations out there I can pick up only with it attached that I haven’t found yet. At least its neat looking sticking out the side. Makes people ask questions. Ha!

crank is essential!!!