portable mixer suggestions?

I'm getting into a scenario where I have a totally mobile (self-powered) setup for outdoor jams, etc. My kit includes:

• OP-1 (rechargable)
  • iPad Mini 2 (rechargable)
  • Bose Soundlink Mini (rechargeable)

What I NEED is a rechargeable mixer solution that allows me to cue up ambient / textural types of things on the iPad, as connective segue between one OP-1 song and the next. In other words, just before I want to end an OP1 track, I cue up something on the iPad (that I can monitor on earbuds), then have some kind of fader to fade into the iPad noise, then fade back into a new OP-1 track that I started.

Key is that it must be either non powered, or rechargeable (or at least use AA batteries; NO cord).

Please see the attached drawing. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

mixer

I don’t know if you’re set on a hardware solution, but another idea is to run AUM as a mixer on your iPad.
I use this method too.

One option is art splitmix4

Hmm, or cue out won’t work I think. I have to check.

maker hart just mixer. super small (PO size). runs on 2 AAA battery or micro usb jack

i think they even make one now that can also be a usb audio interface?

The Bastl Dude could work as well. It has 5 inputs, but they’re mono.

ah should really read the posts better…

if u need cue, u really gunna prolly end up w/ one of those mini dj mixers.
i forget the names of them.
but there are several out there.

pocket dj mixer, something like that should get u started.

most of them run on battery, i’ve seen a few that are passive too.

Thanks all.

Yeah, splitmix won’t work, since there’s no independent monitoring. But if you’re fine with mono, there’s a lot of options. I don’t think Bastl Dude has a cue out though. This one has, for example: http://en.uraltone.com/uraltone-tube-sounding-micro-mixer-rakennussarja-15839.html When using as a mono mixer, the pan pots are actualy the cue/master balance pots. It can be powered off a 9v battery. My friend has one of these, they are pretty neat. Also, tubes. =)

Oh, and like @rumorazzi, I route OP-1 audio through AUM/iPad all the time too. If you already have an iPad audio interface, that’s definitely the most compact solution.
Yeah, splitmix won't work, since there's no independent monitoring. But if you're fine with mono, there's a lot of options. I don't think Bastl Dude has a cue out though. This one has, for example: http://en.uraltone.com/uraltone-tube-sounding-micro-mixer-rakennussarja-15839.html When using as a mono mixer, the pan pots are actualy the cue/master balance pots. It can be powered off a 9v battery. My friend has one of these, they are pretty neat. Also, tubes. =)

Oh, and like @rumorazzi, I route OP-1 audio through AUM/iPad all the time too. If you already have an iPad audio interface, that's definitely the most compact solution.

I have an interface, and I have AUM. I’ll feel it out. Thanks.

Yeah, splitmix won't work, since there's no independent monitoring. But if you're fine with mono, there's a lot of options. I don't think Bastl Dude has a cue out though. This one has, for example: http://en.uraltone.com/uraltone-tube-sounding-micro-mixer-rakennussarja-15839.html When using as a mono mixer, the pan pots are actualy the cue/master balance pots. It can be powered off a 9v battery. My friend has one of these, they are pretty neat. Also, tubes. =)

Oh, and like @rumorazzi, I route OP-1 audio through AUM/iPad all the time too. If you already have an iPad audio interface, that's definitely the most compact solution.

I have an interface, and I have AUM. I’ll feel it out. Thanks.

You could use a fader box for have physical controls over AUM’s channels.
When I need it I use a nanokontrol studio, it’s bluetooth and battery operated.

monitoring in AUM tip:
use a bus send pre fader, it will send even if the channel is muted. receive on this bus on another channel, routed to your monitoring outputs.
:wink:

I use a Nady MM-242 it runs off a 9 volt and has 4 stereo channels. The bad thing is that if you plug it in it hums a lot. Also it does not have headphone out so it actually does not meet your needs.