Post your latest purchase (audio related)

As you say, it’s paper. I did have to trim it slightly which the manufacturer admitted shouldn’t be necessary and I of course over trimmed it slightly. :roll_eyes: - he offered me a replacement which I refused as it’s really minor. Good service.

My only quibble would be that the paper stands proud by about 1mm on the ends between the screws which is more an issue of my OCD than anything else. Really happy with it.

And yeah, modular! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Temptation !
Can you still plug the Neutron via USB when racked ?

Nope! You lose all the i/o from the rack.

1 Like

Arturia microfreak. Sweeet!

1 Like

OP-Z and PO-137 on the way :heart_eyes_cat:

At the start of the year I said that I wanted to start building a dawless set-up so I could look at playing live again.

That prompted me to buy an OP-Z as a “brain” and then look at what I had already and what I needed.

So to add to my OP-Z, Arturia Minibrute and Novation Circuit I finally made the decision to go with a small modular set-up to add textures and effects etc.

I agonised over this for the best part of 6 months until I saw the Cre8audio NiftyBUNDLE and took the plunge and pre-ordered that. I also have a Clouds clone coming as well.

My list for 2020 is as follows:

Mutable Instruments Rings
Expert Sleepers Disting
Erica Synths Pico Modulator
2HP VCA
Strymon Magneto

That should round out my 84hp case and give me enough modules/sound options to get where I want to be.

The only other thing I’ve been looking at is the Roland SH-01a for leads as my sound is very Boards of Canada ballpark.

So I was scouting Tradera (Swedish ebay) and found an auction for a jx03 closing in 1 minute. The leading bid was $140. Ok I thought to myself I’ll do a sniper bid at the last second, thinking I would get outbid. 5 seconds left and I put in a max bid of $163… I win, highest bid $158. I’m pretty pleased actually. It’s a simple synth with lots of nice bread and butter sounds. It’s really fun to play with due to its simplicity.

1 Like

hows that combo? I’m seriously considering adding a digitone or takt to my opz. I LOVE the dawless life.

I broke the bank on this one lol. Raspi4 and Waveform 10 for around $130ish.

4 Likes

want want want :100:

1 Like

its really cool. a pretty big step up in power from the 3

1 Like

Expressive E Osmose pre ordered for summer.

1 Like

i found a roland d5 synth on the side of the road. i thought it was the legendary d50 and leapt from a moving car to grab it.

after replacing a few capacitors and tact switches, it’s working.
how good are free synths!

4 Likes

:hushed:

LYRA-8 by SOMA

1 Like

That makes 2 of us.

I recently just received my Phonic Bloom Glo Polyphonic Whale, and it is AMAZING! I can’t wait to be able to order a Gecho Loopsynth and now of course the new Loopstyler that’s in the works. I want to be able to use the Glo in my recordings with my OP-Z and or OP-1. I also just picked up the Anker Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 headphones and so far they’re pretty good. Next up I’m in the market for a TASCAMUSA Model 24 for recording, but then I’ll probably need a new Mac too then, lol. I don’t know if my MacBook Air 2015 will do the job up against that awesome mixer. Cheers.

default_test_tone
“Break the default settings”

OP-1, OP-Z and PO-32 Rhythm

My first foray into electronic music production. I work on cruise ships so battery powered portability is a must.

I’m going to add a Synthstrom Deluge to the travel bag as well.

4 Likes

Michael Rucci’s ‘Maximal Drone’ & the 8-step sequencer :+1:

HGot myself a Model:Cycles on February 27th because I am extremely fond of the Digitone, FM in general and Elektron take on this amazing synthesis form.

I have to state that I was not disappointed the slightest!
It’s light and small, and pretty capable despite its limitations.
Besides, it’s rather complementary to the Digitone, as it’s percussions oriented.
I was surprised to see it dragging me to the old silver boxes territories, which I am very fond of :slight_smile:

Much fun already!
The track bellow is 100% M:C…

2 Likes