Post your latest purchase (audio related)

I just pre-ordered an MS-101 (delivery in April)

I actally forgot about that, it felt like cheating because I’m used to having LFO’s do the work. But the automation really adds a whole dimension to the Volca, especially when you change the patch while the knobs turn themselves!

wow…a sh101 clone for $300. incredible.

• Bought an SP404SX from an Elektronaut (I really missed my old one) and pimped up with some chroma caps
  • I’m back in the eurorack game! Owned a Neutron for a few months now and I love it, but keen to get patching and managed to snare a TipTop Mantis on ebay from Italy for a couple of hundred £s. Only got one module leftover from before I sold up last time, a passive attenuator! :rofl:
  • One thing about the Neutron I’m not so keen on was the aesthetic so I’ve bought an overlay online, looking forward to seeing what it looks like in the flesh!

GAS over! For now…

2 Likes

I cancelled my MS-101 pre-order that was taking ages. In the time I was waiting for it, I built a ProOne clone: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209075

It’s awesome.

3 Likes

far out! that pro one build looks amazing.
although that’s a lot of pots to wire up…or are they mounted on the PCB?
i built a pai fatman synth years ago.

i was just thinking i want a new DIY project. so muff wigler is a good site for projects? any other site recomendations? or any interesting projects to suggest?

Digitone to pair with my OP-Z :raised_hands::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Pots are on the PCB but there is quite a Bit of wiring.
Muffs DIY forum is the best place. Look for Jasper, a DIY version of the Wasp. Great fun synth. Relatively cheap.

The OTTO project shows promise https://github.com/topisani/OTTO but isn’t ready yet.

Polyend Medusa, had it for 2 weeks but this was only my second time using it. Sounds great and the sequencer is really powerful. Going to dedicate more time towards it over the next week or two as it seems like it could be a really special synth.

Hey @Sparky, amazing project !
Really makes me want to build a synth again :smile:
How much was this kit?

By the time you are done it is about $1000. Built like a tank. Looks better than an original pro one and will probably last longer (and it has MIDI)

oh yeah…a wasp would be great!

ALM HPO. 4 channel modular tracked to DAW using that and a Pico Out. no complaints.

Op-1 on the way (:

2 Likes

Push 2

An Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-1 Pro.

I bought this because I had noise through my pedals, I used an universal power supply that wasn’t very good…

1 Like

Have you received the overlay ?
Can you show how it looks IRL ? :smiley:

Soma Lyra-8😱

I think it looks terrific and it does make patching easier.

3 Likes

It looks really nice ! Is this a sticker or a hard panel ?
Edit : just saw the description
« Our overlays are printed on thin sheets of synthetic paper that are placed ontop of your Neutron’s frontpanel. Since they dont use any adhesive, they’re easy to fit and remove, and won’t leave any residues on your Neutron. »

I see that you have fallen into the world of modular :slight_smile: