Post your latest purchase (audio related)

@iceritchie, how does the Beatstep fit in the setup?

Original IConnectMidi connected to Op-1 with USB and 5 pin midi to beatstep ( beatstep comes with 5 pin adapter)

Original IConnectMidi with USB to Op-1. Beatstep has a 5 pin adapter so beatstep to iconnect with 5 pin midi cable

Fits really well, great for sequencing iPad synths and also some of the modular stuff i.e. Mopho etc, as well as working great with the OP-1.

Could you detail the connect cabling a bit more? Which model iConnectMidi works?

Edmund

5 pin midi from beatstep to the original IConnectMidi. Beatstep comes with 5 pin interface. USB to OP-1

Well, after contemplating various ways of getting my SH-101 to fit into my modern setup I realised that some parts of my favourite synth have actually given up the ghost (I did buy it in 1986 so I guess it has had a good run). It mostly still works but some of the sliders have ceased to function.

So rather than splashing out on the repair and then Kenton Pro MkII I decided to get a Roland Aria System one.
The SH-101 emulation is pretty sweet. Wish it had the step sequencer though - that was great for quick inspiration.

Bill Gates’ list would read more like:

Electron Analog Rytm
DSi Prophet 12
Acidlab modular
iPad Air 128GB
OP-1 accessory bundle and OPLAB

Just upgraded to a Gotharman Little Deformer 2. Oh my, I am quite excited. It should be here in about 3 weeks

SoundMorph’s bundle of WaveWarper, TimeFlux, and Galactic Assistant. TimeFlux is wonderful o.O

Just upgraded to a Gotharman Little Deformer 2. Oh my, I am quite excited. It should be here in about 3 weeks

Lawsod, mine (expanded version) will arive tomorrow! I can´t wait! I love Gotharman´s ideas! Such a unique and powerfull instrument!

Man, so dope. I’m supremely excited. Link me up with some recordings if you do any on the LD. Help tie me over til I get mine :slight_smile:

Minitaur!

Man, so dope. I'm supremely excited. Link me up with some recordings if you do any on the LD. Help tie me over til I get mine :)

I´ll try for sure. Now i am in the middle of recording new cd with one of my bands…it is pretty intense time:) BTW i use OP a lot in studio…

Greetings!

So I finally bought this battery amp, just in case I have to earn my money as a street musician ; )

Slim Phatty!

z.vex lo-fi loop junky

1960’s Hugh Tracey Treble Kalimba
Volca Keys

@Kites I also had the Keys (still have the beats) but then sold it cuz it was annoying the F$#% out of me. I had constantly hanging note issues in poly mode, even with the Beatstep. Plz let me know if you have the same problem.

On a lighter note. Pulled the trigger on this:
http://www.musik-produktiv.de/pic-100036226xl/hoefner-shorty-ct-bl.jpg
Let’s see if I can get progress with 30-60 minutes of practice a day for 2 months.

@Erhenius that guitar is bad ass, does it come in white? I too like how portable it looks. Get ready to build up your calluses!

I’ll be sure to try the Volca keys with the Beatstep, but I get hanging notes too when I play it with my iPad. I just installed the update, so maybe that will address it. What else did you not like about the Keys, I was reluctant to bid on one, but a bunch of videos convinced me that is sounds great with reverb and delay processing. I’m hoping to get some soft, warm, clicky ,glitchy, weird, ambient sounds out of it. The other videos I’ve seen sound too harsh and acid like for my taste. Any tips?

@Kites, tnx. It also comes in white :) but the blue one just cost me 115 Euro, dirt cheap. I hope I won't get those calluses cuz I have nails that are perfect for playing guitar.

I liked the Keys a lot, the sound is indeed acidi. One of my major gripes was the hanging notes and the sole reason for me to do away with it.
Another thing that kind of bothered me was the parameter automation. The way to reset it is a bit hokey. As far as I understood you can only override it by recording new parameter data. I couldn't clear it with "clear".
It also lacks some fundamental wave forms. An addition of triangle or square wave would have been enough for it to expand it's usefulness (but would pretty much kill the Bass version).

There is one commandment with gear I buy, "though shall play well with others", and the Keys did not and thus was "disposed" of. It was the same with the Shruthi-1 it just kept hanging notes or not triggering them with the beatstep/ipad. I am sure that it is an iPad thing and the Volca/Shruthi is only partially to blame. But at the end of the day I will not change my setup and plenty gear do obviously play well.

I also own the Beats and to this day I still have not connected it with MIDI because its controls are well executed and plays well with just matching beats by ear. I never felt the need to hook it up to other gear other than occasionally rout the kick through some effects (man that kick is good).

Rocksmith might be a fun guitar learning game to try if you have a computer or compatible video game console. It detects what you’re playing and gives you a score, like Guitar Hero except you play a real guitar.

Here’s a little girl playing Rocksmith (song is Slayer’s “War Ensemble”):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFd2Mi2FTzs

OMG that is the cutest form of chaos I have ever seen.

OMG . . . that’s one of the best videos I’ve ever seen on YouTube. Hilarious. She’s wicked good.

Top!