Power Switch Very Loose

Hi there

Is it only my OP-1 (just got it 2 days ago) or are all power switches rather loose and are easily switched without much resistance? Sometimes, when I have it in my lap, it just turns off at the slightest movement of my leg brushing up against it. Don’t know if I should return it or if that’s just the way it’s built.

Thanks!
Jonas

I’m bumping this thread since there’s no responses and I am experiencing the same issue. Is this normal or should I return the OP-1 to the store for an exchange? BTW I’m new here and new to the OP-1. Loving it but want to make sure I didn’t get a dud. Thanks!

Hey @Fallboard, welcome :slight_smile:

There is definite resistance in my power switch. I don’t imagine it could ever switch off/on by brushing against my leg.

Welcome Fallboard!

That would be a defect. There’s resistance in my power switch.

mine had the same exact problem. new I/O board fixed that and my mic issue. only takes 2 min to swap out.

mine had the same exact problem. new I/O board fixed that and my mic issue. only takes 2 min to swap out.

The store has already agreed to exchange it, but I’m curious should this happen in the future how would I get a new I/O board? Thanks.

They sell them on ifixit.com.

Should I run through the diagnostics on the replacement before I leave the store? I want to make sure I’m good so I don’t have to do this a third time.