Presets gone

All of the presets for the synths are gone, except the sampler it has all the green patches under it. How do I get them back? I did a factory reset and that didn’t work.

Gotta write em down just in case =]

Remember for next time.

Do you mean the default factory presets, or user presets? If it’s the factory presets then I’m sure someone can upload the files somewhere, or maybe even email them to you depending on the file size. Perhaps they’re even available on the TE website?

The factory presets can’t be deleted… you should try reinstalling the OS, or even formating in case that does not help.

@HoodlumPriest it sounds like you’re pressing shift+T1, which is meant for switching the engine. (The sampler presets show up there too for whatever reason, but the others don’t.) If that’s what you’re doing, you need to press shift+[1…8] under the knobs to change the patch you have loaded in that slot.

@anomalous thank you!

Your right I was pressing shift +T1 while looking for the sounds. So what the difference between choosing from the 1 button and the T1 button?

^ np.

shift+T1 is just meant to change the synth/drum engine (like shift+T3 changes the effect, +T4 the lfo.) It’s not super useful but it does sorta make sense. The reason you see the sampler presets in there is they probably need a way to make sure you always have sample data available. Those aren’t even the full patches, just the sample data (no effect, lfo or sampler settings.)

@anomalous thank you!

Your right I was pressing shift +T1 while looking for the sounds. So what the difference between choosing from the 1 button and the T1 button?

classic gotcha :slight_smile: switch engine but keep effects, envelope, modulation