PSA : Avoid Bax Music at all costs - 2023 edition

I soapboxed this one cause it’s a rant.
And a big one.

I ordered, some weeks ago, an OB-4 bag from Bax Shop.
That bag retails for about 130€ elsewhere but was 140€ at Bax.
So be it.
I ordered it.
And guess what? I paid, never got the goods and can’t even get a refund.

Now, this rant is not a rant about a one off.
Oh no, my good sirs. Heck no.
It’s the last draw in an ever-deceiving relationship with, hands down, the worst shop I ever encountered.

Keep in mind I live in France and, there, it’s a known fact that Bax is scheisse.

• their delivery promises, estimations and service is just a lie. They are never on time, they hire the worst, cheapest guys in the industry and deliver in no good shape at all.
  • their customer service is the worst. I mean it. Even Alesis is better - at least they don’t lie. Bax’s CS is a bunch if under-paid, lying sacks of dongs. They fabricate papers, they invent stories. They contradict themselves. And worst of all, they talk down on their customers. It is utterly revolting.
  • their prices are weird, they ship B-stock when you pay brand new prices, they openly lie about QC and shippings…they aren’t so much of a legal business as they are a scam.

Don’t believe me? Go and google Bax rip off, Bax issues, etc.
How they managed to stay in business so far was always a bit of a wonder. But in 2023, it is a true wonder of sorts.

So yeah.
Take out all the resentment I put in there and just be aware that your money will probably vanish 1 out of 2 times with them.

Cheers!
And again, sorry for the rant.

That seemed very harsh, then I checked TrustPilot, Nuff said.

1 Like

Yeup. That sounds about right.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, I’m afraid.

And again. Sorry for the rant. But it was a consensus amongst deceived customers : spreading the word to other potential customers that care about CS.

I’ve thankfully never used them, they seem to always come up high on Google searches (I guess paid placement) but there’s something ‘off’ about the way they present themselves. I get a bad vibe from them.

1 Like

Couldn’t have phrased my perception of Bax prior to the debacle that it was.
Then again, Woodbrass is no saint business, Thomann has some QC issues too. But Bax…well…they just don’t treat their clients well enough to deserve anybody’s business.

Ah shame. I was thinking of using them for a big buy due to the 3 year warranty. Looking at trustpilot they don’t really seem that bad in general, but the one thing they seem to fall short on is contact when something goes wrong. There is no point in having a warranty if you have to pay to access it by using up huge amounts of your own time in warfare with an organisation. I guess that leaves Thomann only for 3 yr warranty?

I’d advise for Thomann.
Bax is really on some kind of down slope, it’s crazy.
If you wanna make double sure, go to the facebook group Bax Rip Off. Crazy stuff.

It’s a shame, but they probably are the worst retailer right now. At least, Thomann has a customer service !