Psytrance Bass

Hello People !

I have a question:
can you help me to create a Psytrance bass ?
psytrance bass consists in 2 saw oscillators and a Ping pong Delay.

Please listen for example the artist Astrix - Poison
link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34l8ZwjfArk&list=PL326A5A8910CC2777&index=1

tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDqIW_tUek

Actually curious to try this out when I get home. My gut says to use Dr Wave + unison + Nitro but then you don’t have the delay. I might work with DSynth since it has a filter onboard and then Delay or Grid. Just sorta talking it out atm since my OP-1 is not here with me.

You could also use the sampler, that sort of bass sound is super-common in psytrance.
Actually curious to try this out when I get home. My gut says to use Dr Wave + unison + Nitro but then you don't have the delay. I might work with DSynth since it has a filter onboard and then Delay or Grid. Just sorta talking it out atm since my OP-1 is not here with me.

You could also use the sampler, that sort of bass sound is super-common in psytrance.

posting again as my reply is buried in the second YouTube video for some reason…

Wow fantastic, thank you, tomorrow if i 've a few minutes , test it! Have a nice day brother!

Sorry, where is unison??

I could approach this a few ways. One would be to record a note to tape (dr wave would be a good choice for a sawtooth wave, possibly using nitro to take off the high end buzz), then go into the fine tune screen (shift+ metronome) and record the same sound over the first one a few cents off. Then you can lift this sound from tape and drop it into the synth sampler where you can make a smooth loop, alter the envelope settings, and add a delay. You could theoretically make a supersaw consisting of any number of waves using this method.

The way I would choose to doit is similar to the above method, but without the sampling. Use the sawtooth with a delay on it, record to a left panned channel, then detune it, alter the delay time slightly, and record the same notes on a right panned channel. Then, with the different delay times recorded on each side, you get a nice ping pong.

You can also use the LFO assigned to the green parameter under FX F mode to modulate the delay time and get a nice warble. I usually keep the amount under 5. Try a positive amount on one channel and a negative amount on the other for some interesting stereo action.

I didn’t listen to the examples, but hopefully these tips help.

Unison is in the shift menu of the envelope screen.

The bass sound it’s very good, thanks, LYM I listen your soundtrack in soundcloud’s site!!! Very nice sound!! can I use the pattern for insert the bass note? Or other methods?

I like endless, but anything will do.