Putting external files into OP-1 as the album files?

hmm, so it definitely is possible, it seems. @mixrasta
do you remember how these files were created?

I think itā€™s just the 6.00 minute thing and side_a/ b.aif namingā€¦
Iā€™m not totally sure, maybe they used the the mono tape tracks as track_1.aif. I have to check it at home laterā€¦

Neat, I feel like this is something @djthomaswhite has done.

old thread but i tried adding mono files, under track_1.aif and so on, under 6 mins, etc. didnā€™t work for me. tried various forms of naming it. etc . anybody have more insight on this?

Like they say above, pull the album file off the op-1, then change the sounds, then save it as the exact same format. Album is stereo, right?

Waiting 5:55 for the final sample is going to be a pain, though. Maybe not worth it, haha!

I like the idea of arranging the tape to be loaded w/ a setā€™s worth of loopable bangers. Shame there is no reel a / reel b :wink:

old thread but i tried adding mono files, under track_1.aif and so on, under 6 mins, etc. didn't work for me. tried various forms of naming it. etc . anybody have more insight on this?

Late answer: It worked for me but my tracks were 6 minutes long, with only about 1.5 minute of music. Just create a 6 minutes file by inserting silence if needed.

I was looking to import audio into the 4 track slots to use as a player for electronic drum tracks - which could then be effected, eqā€™d or filtered or taste. I followed the protocol of making audio bounces of the desired tracks as 16 bit 44.1k mono tracks. Then I imported them into a DAW again and made sure that each track length was exactly 6 minutes long. I exported those and then renamed them according to the OP1 protocol - track_1.aif , etc. What I found was that the side_a and side_b slots needed to be empty in order to have enough space for the roughly 60mb tracks to fit into each 4-track slot. Make sure they are .aif (not .aiff). I then dragged the track_1.aif file onto the tape folder of the OP1 and told it to replace the file. I did this for each of the 4 track slots and after disconnecting and rebooting the OP1 and allowing it to defragment, the tracks were successfully imported into the 4 4-track slots. Hope this helps those looking to do the same thing.