Ranking the Pocket Operators.

A question for those with TE cases... did you notice a difference between the older series 10 cases and the newer series 20 cases?

I just got a case for my Arcade and it’s greatly improved over that of my Rhythm. The buttons are more tactile, and the LEDs are more visible. The writing at the top even looks nicer. I’m almost tempted to order an Office case for my PO-12, unless the 10 series cases were also updated and I just got one from an old batch.

My Arcade case just arrived today and I agree, the cases are a lot better. Would be interesting to know if there has been a newer batch of 10 series cases, would be tempted to get one for my Rhythm.

I completed my collection! After trying them all (synced) together, I would rank them as follows for now:

PO-12 - plays well with others
PO-24 - buried treasure, love it
PO-20 - the one I’ll take on the train
PO-16 - key styles are super duper
PO-14 - some nice sounds, some farts
PO-28 - still figuring it out

Yeah I have a strange desire to get the PO-24 now, could be good paired with patchblocks for some weird industrial techno textures.

1. PO-28 Robot
  2. PO-20 Arcade
  3. PO-14 Sub
  4. PO-12 Rhythm
  5. PO-16 Factory
  6. PO-24 Office
  1. PO-12
    2. PO-20
    … Don’t have any other POs

I’m not 100% happy with the PO-20 though. It’s nice and all but I find the PO-12 way more versatile for some reason even though they have very little in common.

Actually I love the PO-12! You can even create leads and sort of bass sounds with it. And I find it way easier to program than any of the OP-1 sequencers.

I only have the PO-12 sooooooo, that is kind of my ranking.
I bought it.

I’ve got the Arcade and Robot, use both equally and therefore I rank them equally. Robot has the lead sounds that can’t be matched by the Arcade but the Arcade has the chords (as mentioned by 5StarNomad) plus the 80s retro style sounds are more my thing. Working on a track using just these two POs and nothing else, if it turns out great I’ll post it, or if it goes south I’ll still end up using it in something else probably :wink:

I have 3 and rank them as is, but really each of these fill a niche where really none is better then the next. I say PO-20, and PO-12 are best if you just had one.

1. PO-20 (the funnest by itself)
2. PO-12
3. PO-16

I have the PO-12, PO-14, PO-16 and PO-20 and the PO-20 is the only one that I carry in my backpack. So 20 is my favorite and the rest sort of hang out together as a group #2. :slight_smile:

I mentioned this in another topic, but it seems right here too. I don’t get why everyone loves the 12 so much. It has 16 simple drum sounds and zero of the extra features the other POs have. What am I missing?

Also, I can’t believe nobody mentioned the play styles on the SUB - they’re amazing.