Realising a full song with the OP-Z

So I finished making my first full track with the Op-Z as part of my Jamuary.
It turned into some chill electronic music (who’d have thought?) and I am kinda pleased with it.
You can find it on Soundcloud: https://bit.ly/2VyeXLM or on YouTube https://bit.ly/2VI0AVk

I wanted to attach an image of the arrangement in Ableton, since I recorded each track individually into my DAW, arranged it, cut it up, did all sorts of editing, but all drums and synths stem from the OP-Z (not even custom sounds IIRC). Unfortunately I can’t seem to attach an image to my post, it always says “upload failed”, same when I try to upload an avatar to my profile. If anyone can let me in on the secret of uploading images here, please do so :wink:

Other than that I am kinda curious as to how other people finish their OP-Z stuff… are you doing full songs within the machine, or is recording it into a DAW and further editing and mixing also part of your workflow.
Any feedback is appreciated.

I’m curious what other people are doing too. I’m still at the one-to-three-minute sketch stage with it.

Your work sounds good!!

Thank you :slight_smile:
For me, i really need to move to a daw to get into song mode. Maybe that’ll change once this thing gets more options fine-tune and personalize stuff, but for now that’s the only way I am not getting stuck in sketch stage.

@KF6GPE said:
I’m curious what other people are doing too. I’m still at the one-to-three-minute sketch stage with it.

Your work sounds good!!

Stereo mix to DAW, jam, edit. Then again I wouldn’t call my hardware tracks “songs”. I like making repetitive tracks that slowly iterate over 10 minutes or so and the OP-Z is great for that!

Yeah it’s great for building and iterating. I do enjoy that, too. A lot, actually.
It’s just that I also really like a song approach, where I try to get to the point within 3-4 minutes and have a certain structure. And so far I find it easier to get there with a DAW involved, and I don’t think the OP-Z will get enough updated features to skip the DAW step in the workflow anytime soon.
Still a lovely piece of hardware.

I’ve been bouncing 5 tracks at a time and importing them into Bitwig. OP-1 was a little better for this because at least it had the tape…but the Zed has stereo so idk…