Recent Matrixbrute video

Haven’t seen anyone post this video on here. Just stumbled on it. Much better than other demos I’ve seen. Looks like it’s taking shape nicely. Kind of like ‘what if Elektron made the Dominion 1’… Or something along those lines :wink:

This looks like a monster!!! I saw it introduced at NAMM and Sweetwater are listing it now … http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MatrixBrute

It looks like it has the possibilities to route audio like a modular but without all those wires. I love this companies progress. From software to hardware. There understanding of modern day needs algamated with traditional needs can only be great for synth enthusiasts.

I am a big fan of this machine. My Minibrute has its own unique flavour. I love the Steiner Parker filter and the brute factor sound. The waveforms for a single oscillator surpass the industry big names. Like the presenter said, Arturia synths can also make nice sounds. Nick Batt of Sonic State may say “While an option of polyphony for the Matrixbrute would take this synth to dizzy heights of towering greatness,” and then continue with “but the abundance of waveforms on offer coupled with three oscillators can make great pads a possibility.”
Anyway, I can’t for his review.

Total GAS for this. It has my vote to be a modern classic. I’ve been looking at the Sub 37 Tribute Edition but this has more. Good work Arturia!!! I hope I’ll have space for it, the footprint is rather large.

On a separate note, I wonder where they conjured up their brand name?

Yeah the UI and mod routing possibilities for both internal and external look great. Hope build quality and OS stability don’t let it down. Be interested to hear/play with it in person. Never owned any of the brutes and wasn’t blown away by the sound of a friend’s when I had a quick jam on it but that was a couple of years ago and I was mostly just guessing at what I was doing…
Some cool sounds in that video…

The build quality of the Minibrute is very good. The only gripe I have is with the sliders. They’re a bit plasticy and wobbly. The metal and very durable plastic are rock solid and the unit is heavy. The OS stability shouldn’t be a problem due to their background - they started with plugins after all.

It’ll be hit…