Recorder for OP1 and OPZ

It may sound amateurish to say, by my iphone’s Voice memos app samples beautifully.

1 Like

what are you settings for recording zoom h1n from opz? thanks

I usually record audio and video always in the best possible quality. You always can reduce quality afterwards (for smaller size for example) but you can‘t make a low quality recording better afterwards.

1 Like

I use the H1 so it doesn’t have as many options as the H1n. Basically you set the quality however you want it, set your recording level, connect the OP-Z and press record.

1 Like

this is more dope than any of your other videos (for me) so impressive, I don’t want the op1 though I just want opz and possibly an external microphone (not even the inbuilt one) I was thinking of using zoom h1n but this h4n seems the bomb - like even better, could I use the zoom h1n and split the signal into two mono signals?

1 Like

can you connect the opz and a mic through a splitter cable of some description?

1 Like

what are you using? I am using an zoom h1n but the zoom h4n looks dope

1 Like

An external mic? I think there are adapters you can get that go from TRRS to TRS/TS sockets so you can connect a mic.

For the record, I was talking about recording from the OP-Z to the H1, not the other way around.

I‘m using the H4N Pro. Great Recorder!

2 Likes

Yup, It’s possible. But since it has a decent on-board mic, I just use that most of the time and plug the TE device/mobile whatever into the inputs. I use multichannel mode on the H4, I’m not sure if the H1 specs.

As far as quality, I always like 24bit/44.1 when possible. I seldom record anything as mp3 that I care about.

1 Like

this works if you have a mic splitter cable then you get instant vocal and opz feedback in stereo

1 Like

actually instead of a mic splitter which is a bit more here costwise I could also use the inbuilt mic like you say and then use a dual male and adaptor to the inputs and connected to a female 3.5 which then leads to the opz

1 Like