Reload my op1 tape backups

Sorry if this is redundant…I often backup my tape tracks from the op1 to my computer by dragging the entire TAPE folder to desktop to make space on the op1. When I try to reload those tape sessions back to the op1, the files(tracks 1-4) can’t be added because “there isn’t enough space?” The op1 tracks are empty when I attempt and I always delete the existing tracks within the op1s tape folder to make room. Am I missing something? I’ve figured I would have no problems doing this. Can anybody help?

Sounds strange. I only ever once re-loaded tape, recently for the Collab project. but it went as expected, no problems. If you’ve deleted the onboard files you should be able to then put your backup tape files in their place. Not sure what’s happening, maybe someone else can see something I’m missing?

I had this problem ,on the recent update (for no apparent reason - not had this before).
What I did was drop them one at a time. It still refused track4 so I ejected -downloaded 3 tracks , then went into disk mode again and it allowed T4 this time.

I had problems in disk mode a few days ago. Backup was successful but uploading patches took too much time (even for 1 patch) and ending failing. I reset my op1. The problem was still here. I had to change my cable (an old one I had for ten years) and use the USB cable from TE to make it works. Always good to try with an another cable.

If you delete the files on the op-1 through your computer and empty the trash. Not just delete. Empty the trash. Then loading the old tape should work just fine. Then when you eject the op-1 will rebuild the tape with all your markers an your good to go. Also when backing up tape be sure to attach the bpm at the end of the tape name like tape23_bpm167. This makes using old tape easier in the future.

Thanks for the replies everybody! @spheric I had the same problem when loading tracks individually. @nonsym emptying the trash sounds like a good solve. Thanks for the tips, I will try again tonight.

So I’ve been trying to do this to no avail. I goto disk, take tapes to trash. Copy old ones back on eject anddddddd…unresponsive black screen of death. Luckily after i unplug and wait 10 sec I can boot it back up, but wow that’s scary as fuck. When it comes back, empty tape. Am I missing something?

@nonsym is correct. Delete tracks 1-4 (after backing up, of course), then empty your trash. The OP-1 drive still contains the files until you clear out the trash. Then, you’ll be able to drag older tracks 1-4 right in.

@nonsym is correct. Delete tracks 1-4 (after backing up, of course), then empty your trash. The OP-1 drive still contains the files until you clear out the trash. Then, you'll be able to drag older tracks 1-4 right in.
Now when you say trash, is that synonymous with the recycling bin? cause when I delete the 4 tracks, there's nothing in the bin afterwards.

Why delete the old tracks first? Just overwrite them, saves you the hassle with the file trashcan… Make sure to “safely remove USB drive” before unplugging.

@nonsym is correct. Delete tracks 1-4 (after backing up, of course), then empty your trash. The OP-1 drive still contains the files until you clear out the trash. Then, you'll be able to drag older tracks 1-4 right in.
Now when you say trash, is that synonymous with the recycling bin? cause when I delete the 4 tracks, there's nothing in the bin afterwards.

It looks that way, but I believe the Mac forces deleted tracks from the external drive to remain in existence until you eject the drive. You may not see them, but they’re there.

Why delete the old tracks first? Just overwrite them, saves you the hassle with the file trashcan... Make sure to "safely remove USB drive" before unplugging.

There’s something to it. If you try to drag 4 archived tracks to the tracks folder on OP-1, you’ll get a “not enough room” error. You can do em one at a time, or drag all 4 existing to trash and then empty it. THEN, dragging all 4 new ones (archived) will NO LONGER give you that message. Don’t know what to tell you, but I know it works that way.

Still having issues with this, it puts the old tape back on but on reboot, it makes 4 new blank tracks smh

Make sure the file extension is .aif not .aiff.

Make sure the file extension is .aif not .aiff.

oooooo the plot thickens, does this need to be converted via a 3rd party app or is it as simple as changing the letters?

pretty sure u can just change the letters