Resampling?

We already sort of have have half of resampling implemented with the bounce function. Feel like it wouldn’t be a stretch to make the re-sample usable with the drum / synth sampler.

Might be fun to have re-sampling work in some quirky way, but it remains to be seen whether or not that would end up being some kind of annoying, hamstrung version.

I reckon they’ll add re-sampling soon.

Have loved all the updates this year. TE are steadily making the OP-Z the dream machine.

One feature I would love, which I’m sure we won’t see is user-friendly time stretching.

1 Like

Really hope they implement re-sampling. It shouldnt be too hard for them to allow you to sample the internal sound. It just involves adding another source to pick rather than usb/line/mic

2 Likes

i agree re-sampling shouldn’t be too hard. Using the sound card output as the sound card input.

1 Like

Are there any news regarding this? Can you use the bounced audio as sample input?

1 Like

Would be rad.

3 Likes

Are people resampling with the Line module? Or does that go weird?

Don’t think it’s possible as you can’t play a sequence and have the sampler open at the same time.

You can sample into the line module though.

I would love resampling, even via the app would be a benefit.

Oh, yes. Bum.

Remains an amazing machine.

I wonder if their next thing is a souped up Z.

Such an incredibly powerful sequencer. Slightly better synths, slightly bigger box, slightly better sampling or ideally audio looping… Maybe I should just plug it into op1 more.

well you can certainly resample if you have a computer, or a audio recorder of some kind. Thats what i do with my Zoom H1n. I record the synth sound i just made into the H1n, then re-sample it back into opz for more processing.

I do that to make more serious synth sounds. This way i can make a basic sound, apply some distortion or bitcrusher, maybe an lfo on a parameter… then when i resample that sound back into opz i can add more FX, maybe delay and reverb, and slap another lfo on something.

It can work to make interesting sounds

1 Like

^^ yeaaaaaaa
two samplers is so much fun
bouncing shit back and forth
running one into the other and vice versa

my favorite type of setup fosho

1 Like