RIP OP-Z Hype: Long Live OP-Z!

@ludicrouSpeed said:
PS. @eesn I reviewed ham a few weeks ago, does that count?

oh, I mean of synths and things actually interesting in themselves, but utterly destroyed by the showcasing person’s style

p.s. ham and bacon need no reviews! :]

@EgonsGhost said:

@Ion677 said:
They’re out of their minds not giving a beta unit to Jeremy at red means recording, or Andrew Huang. I’ve still yet to hear a compelling demo of what it’s capable of. And two months from release, we still don’t know what features will be present at launch.

@Ion677 said:
They’re out of their minds not giving a beta unit to Jeremy at red means recording, or Andrew Huang. I’ve still yet to hear a compelling demo of what it’s capable of. And two months from release, we still don’t know what features will be present at launch.

I seem to be like the only person who can’t stand Huang. I find him super annoying and clickbait-y and condescending.

I agree

I was immensely hyped for the Op1 pre launch. Its true they really trickled out information and more importantly GOOD demos. Personally just initially hearing about the Tape and Workflow of the op1 pre launch I was sold. The opz can fit perfectly in my workflow I reckon. I feel very burnt by the almost doubled from the initially discussed price. That killed my hype. I still want it I just wasnt planning for the price. Whats strange to me is that I would pay 1-5000$ for an Op2 with more serious features like higher quality ins and outs and more Ins(multitrack.) I dont understand why I have such a disconnect with the OpZ. Maybe its the fact that Im forced back into apples ecosystem to use the app? Im not sure but I love and trust TE but Im so off the OPz Hype train. Some part of me prolly thinks I should sell the OP1 to afford the OPz but thats just cray.

Huangs videos just rub me the wrong way. So I unsubbed. but now Youtube is confused and constantly bombards me with WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU LIKE HUANG. my sub box is always filled with his videos. and every one of his thumbnails is his face with a crazy amount of glare in his eyes and he is staring into my soul. So yah i dont like huangs videos, but they are quality. recently saw a FM tutorial from him that seems good! I bet they just appeal to a younger crowd who knows less about music gear. Which is great! but ive been watching gear vids for 15 years so I guess its just not for me. youtube please stop bombarding me with something I unsubbed from.
im more of a gaz, sonicstate, haq, cuckoo, loopop, RMR, Look mom no computer. kinda person anyway. youtube is great btw fuck conventional TV.

i never watch demos, reviews, vids.

don’t like my perspective being skewed by something that only shows u how one person used it in a limited capacity. i like to figure things out for myself.

I lost interest on the op-z and bought a second hand ipad pro and the apps are amazing exspecally the samplers and midi sequencing apps. Cost me 428 euro and plus all the apps 500 so in the end I’m thankful about the op-z as it lead me to what I really wanted.
I will keep watching the op-z story see where it goes. The extra cost for the modules and releasing to a few people in New York before all the hardcore fans who preordered was the final straw for me.

@masterofstuff124 said:
… his face with a crazy amount of glare in his eyes and he is staring into my soul.

… : chuckle :

re OPZ, the day Elektron squeeze a Digitakt or Digitone into a box small enough to run on batteries, that’s it for the likes of OP1 and OPZ. One can assume Elektron are already thinking about it.

@masterofstuff124 said:
I was immensely hyped for the Op1 pre launch. Its true they really trickled out information and more importantly GOOD demos. Personally just initially hearing about the Tape and Workflow of the op1 pre launch I was sold. The opz can fit perfectly in my workflow I reckon. I feel very burnt by the almost doubled from the initially discussed price. That killed my hype. I still want it I just wasnt planning for the price. Whats strange to me is that I would pay 1-5000$ for an Op2 with more serious features like higher quality ins and outs and more Ins(multitrack.) I dont understand why I have such a disconnect with the OpZ. Maybe its the fact that Im forced back into apples ecosystem to use the app? Im not sure but I love and trust TE but Im so off the OPz Hype train. Some part of me prolly thinks I should sell the OP1 to afford the OPz but thats just cray.

Huangs videos just rub me the wrong way. So I unsubbed. but now Youtube is confused and constantly bombards me with WHY THE FUCK DONT YOU LIKE HUANG. my sub box is always filled with his videos. and every one of his thumbnails is his face with a crazy amount of glare in his eyes and he is staring into my soul. So yah i dont like huangs videos, but they are quality. recently saw a FM tutorial from him that seems good! I bet they just appeal to a younger crowd who knows less about music gear. Which is great! but ive been watching gear vids for 15 years so I guess its just not for me. youtube please stop bombarding me with something I unsubbed from.
im more of a gaz, sonicstate, haq, cuckoo, loopop, RMR, Look mom no computer. kinda person anyway. youtube is great btw fuck conventional TV.

Click the three little dots next to the thumbnail and click “NOT INTERESTED”, then, click “tell us why” and click “I’m not interested in channel x”. Voila, no more vids from channel x. (at least for a while.)

@LushHigh
i do this. it doesnt work. youtube algorithm has been broken for years(atleast according to youtubers) so no real surprise. And to add insult to injury they change the way it works constantly. I watch a ton of youtube so i assume they run out of things to show me, but then they fail to show me new uploads from channels I sub to. I have had to just learn upload schedules. Recently they changed the way subscriptions work so I went through and elevated all of them. Why would I subscribe to something I dont want to see. Jesus Christ Youtube.

@masterofstuff124 said:
@LushHigh
i do this. it doesnt work. youtube algorithm has been broken for years(atleast according to youtubers) so no real surprise. And to add insult to injury they change the way it works constantly. I watch a ton of youtube so i assume they run out of things to show me, but then they fail to show me new uploads from channels I sub to. I have had to just learn upload schedules. Recently they changed the way subscriptions work so I went through and elevated all of them. Why would I subscribe to something I dont want to see. Jesus Christ Youtube.

Yeah your youtube experience sounds messed up.
I only get subbed channels in my sub section and if I click ‘not interested’ I don’t get anything of that channel anymore.

I must have missed the train or something - I wasn’t aware there was any hype! . Most likely beta testers are only allowed to post certain things and that’s why we haven’t heard and seen more. I reckon that’s all to come closer to release. I really like what I’ve seen so far.

Op-z beta tester here in LA saw me on the op-1 and said the Z is going to totally replace it. I’m not totally convinced though; thinking I can do all that crazy sequencing on the iPad. Also might save for a replacement op-1 in case mine ever knock on wood
breaks down.

I must admit, I lost interest once the modules/addons/whatever were announced. I like the idea, I just wish it came with the CV/sync/MIDI whatever module out of the box. That’s basically one of the main reasons why I wanted it—so I could sync to pocket operators, nanoloop, octatrack etc without any other devices.

@pselodux said:
I must admit, I lost interest once the modules/addons/whatever were announced. I like the idea, I just wish it came with the CV/sync/MIDI whatever module out of the box. That’s basically one of the main reasons why I wanted it—so I could sync to pocket operators, nanoloop, octatrack etc without any other devices.

Totally agree with you.

I am also losing interest. It is not one single thing, but for me it is taking too long, the discussion about pricing is tiresome, the rumors about hardware DLC are terrifying, the R robot (which might be sequencable) is unobtanium and the device itself just seems… old. Especially when other companies introduce wow-worthy stuff like the polyend/dreadbox Medusa, with a video of Pjotr being all passionate mad scientist about it.

Whilst i own an OP-1 and love the concept/design/portability/fun, I’m not totally in love with that digital sound. So the chances of me ever getting excited with the OPZ were low.

@okeribok said:
I am also losing interest. It is not one single thing, but for me it is taking too long, the discussion about pricing is tiresome, the rumors about hardware DLC are terrifying, the R robot (which might be sequencable) is unobtanium and the device itself just seems… old. Especially when other companies introduce wow-worthy stuff like the polyend/dreadbox Medusa, with a video of Pjotr being all passionate mad scientist about it.

Agreed. All the talk of apps and buying additional connector modules and upgradeable fx etc…Just doesn’t make much sense to me so far at that price. I basically arrived at the thought that I already use my iPad for other apps and don’t wanna have to sacrifice the screen for op-z and/or be switching apps constantly to view the opz gui. I’d need to buy another screen device on top of the high op-z price. On top of the op-z add-ons… Starts heading toward stupid £££…

I hope TE manage to sew it all together in a way that blows me away and at reasonable price for the add-ons. But it’s totally off my radar again atm… Shame cos if it was just an external sequencer with no app and a cheap ass screen and sold at like £250 I’d be all over it.

@pselodux said:

I’m almost positive there will be USB midi out of the box so you can plug it into a computer/midi hub and control/sync with other devices. I’d assume getting it to work with nanoloop would be pretty easy considering that also uses midi

lol so much speculation being said w/ the confidence of facts…

can we all just chill out until there is actually some real info to digest?
smoke some weed, read a book, whatever the fuck u gotta do.

to me the most annoying thing about the opz so far is all the chatter surrounding it.

@docshermsticks said:
lol so much speculation being said w/ the confidence of facts…

can we all just chill out until there is actually some real info to digest?
smoke some weed, read a book, whatever the fuck u gotta do.

to me the most annoying thing about the opz so far is all the chatter surrounding it.

lol…u should stay away from op-z forums if u sick of chatter lol

Hahahaha, well not for nothing, but USB midi HAS been confirmed.