Second time is the charm with OP-1

So, I’m kinda stupid…I bought the OP1 about a year and a half ago…I liked it, but didn’t “get it”…I soon sold it and moved back to my in-the-box nightmare, buying an ableton push, expecting something miraculous…
One night, I got to thinking about OP1 again, and it CLICKED…!!! I was ignoring the fundamental basic thought behind the OP1! I guess I wanted it to be a total production package…which it very well CAN be, but I ignored the completely refreshing and creative sound design potential of this ingenious little guy!!! I HAD to get hold of another one…now I’m in LOVE! I pair my OP1 with a Roland sp404sx sampler…every time I switch on my OP1 I find something ew…I invent something refreshing…something that my ears had never heard before…
Anyhow, enough fanboy talk. Back to OP1. Just thought I’d gush a little bit. Also, thanks for the insight on this forum.
Blessings,
astromass

The OP-1’s “creative sound design potential” really is exceptional. I have hardware synths with a hundred times more options; I have software synths with a million times more options. And I usually wish they had the thoughtfully pared down option set of the OP-1. Give my infinite power and I’m rendered powerless. Give me the OP-1 and I feel empowered.

Creating patches on the OP-1 is my favorite activity on it, as the interface makes it a more engaging and joyful experience than on other synths.

Since you’re into sampling, make sure you try out the OP-1’s really unique and intuitive sampling abilities.

Welcome back to the OP-1 world and cheers to making great life choices. :stuck_out_tongue:

OP-1 is to DAW what Chess is to FINAL FANTASY TACTICS.

Chess, despite its relatively limited ruleset, (vs. computer / console “strategy” titles like FF:T) has stood the test of time as the greatest strategy game in existence. I submit that it’s the constraints of a limited ruleset that showcase the unlimited strategic possibilities available to a creative tactician. No “upgrading units” or “changing terrain” you find in computer strategy games. The depth is achieved by working creatively within the constraints.

Simple. Elegant. Timeless.

OP-1.

:wink:

So, I'm kinda stupid...I bought the OP1 about a year and a half ago...I liked it, but didn't "get it"....I soon sold it and moved back to my in-the-box nightmare, buying an ableton push, expecting something miraculous... One night, I got to thinking about OP1 again, and it CLICKED..!!! I was ignoring the fundamental basic thought behind the OP1! I guess I wanted it to be a total production package...which it very well CAN be, but I ignored the completely refreshing and creative sound design potential of this ingenious little guy!!! I HAD to get hold of another one...now I'm in LOVE! I pair my OP1 with a Roland sp404sx sampler.....every time I switch on my OP1 I find something ew...I invent something refreshing...something that my ears had never heard before.... Anyhow, enough fanboy talk. Back to OP1. Just thought I'd gush a little bit. Also, thanks for the insight on this forum. Blessings, astromass

There are ways to achieve just about anything you want on the OP-1… If you respect its workflow.

@Unflattered great analogy (chess) .Includes hardware v software - I shall remember and reuse as needed.