Seqtrak vs op-z

Thought i’d start a threat here, wondering how everybody feels about this!

2 Likes

i totally get the op-z references in the machine of course… but its also about the same size as the op-1. kind of a cross between the 1 and the z.

i pre-ordered one. will most likely return it, but curious to see how it feels in person. i saw the anderson’s video review of it and it looks pretty light weight, perhaps in a bad way. let’s see!

2 Likes

yamaha stuff is always so funny and weird in their own yamaha sorta way
qy70 and su10 i still rock on the weekly

3 Likes

big Tenori-On fan :slight_smile: a shame that I sold it especially as I got it brand new in the last final sale for 249,-

inspiring piece of ambient-psychosis with a lot of sweet spots

1 Like

It really does share a lot of similarities with the op-z, in a larger format. Yamaha also had some nice sounds in their Reface series, which will hopefully translate to this device. Plus, you shouldn’t have to worry about double triggers due to warp with Yamaha’s design. I think the op-z’s size and layout is its most attractive feature though. The op-z is the most ergonomic production device, no need to hunch over a desk or keep your head down for hours.

Unless I’m mistaken, the Seqtrak also shares one of the op-z’s worst pitfalls, lack of multi-track export.

Hopefully Yamaha has lit a fire under Teenage Engineering to release an op-z field.

1 Like

Comparison to OPZ makes sense

I like some elements of the design but nothing about seqtrak has really grabbed my attention other than looks

I returned Seqtrak today. Hardware is pants, such bad quality. I now have an OP-Z from today

So far same shop have had 3 Seqtraks returned. Same issues. Buttons not working and cheap feeling. OP-Z build quality outshines Seqtrak. Shame as App was good and so we’re sounds. Just won’t last.

3 Likes