Sequencer saving ?

Hi there !

Just get my OP-1 and I was wondering if it’s possible to save sequences we made with the sequencers (endless, pattern, etc…) ?
This should be great !

Thx :slight_smile:

no… it’s probably one of the most requested features hehe :slight_smile:

I love this community !

thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

Not from the OP-1 alone...
However, isn't it possible for Ableton Live to record your sequence patterns, making it into an editable version of that sequence on your computer, since it inputs the notes right into your file. (giving you the ability to save any sequence you desire)

I just downloaded a trial of Live 9 this week. I haven't mastered it yet, but I managed to control the synths on Ableton through my OP-1 sequencers.

Nice idea, but actually I discover the op-1 and I use it as standalone (perfect for that), with my other synths. No use of any computer atm o/

If I really wanna save sequences on my computer, then… I’m gonna make sequences with my daw and use my computer instead of the OP-1 ^^

If you REALLY wanna go lo-tek… you can always write it down. I used to use a maths note book and write down the notes for each step. Works pretty well but very very ancient method. You can divide by scale and after a while it will turn in one of those old school pattern books.

Would be awsome ta have a little box like a thumbdrive that records midi that you then could play back

Would be awsome ta have a little box like a thumbdrive that records midi that you then could play back

iPad mini? plenty small

If you REALLY wanna go lo-tek... you can always write it down. I used to use a maths note book and write down the notes for each step. Works pretty well but very very ancient method. You can divide by scale and after a while it will turn in one of those old school pattern books.

Haha this should be pretty fun ^^

@erhenius

It’s small, but not thumbdrive small =) Also buying an ipad to save miditracks is a bit expensive.

Ahahah sure

Is there a daw like Live 9 that’ll convert audio to midi notes, but for iOS?

this comes to mind @Kites:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midimorphosis-polyphonic-audio/id495856824?mt=8

"MIDImorphosis captures the pitch of incoming audio, and converts it into MIDI notes that can be used to control iOS synthesizers or external equipment. The app supports both monophonic and polyphonic playing; this version has dramatically improved chord detection."
If you REALLY wanna go lo-tek... you can always write it down. I used to use a maths note book and write down the notes for each step. Works pretty well but very very ancient method. You can divide by scale and after a while it will turn in one of those old school pattern books.

this method really is the most efficient for some things honestly. Patches on my minibrute, always remembered on a printout of the front panel. A while back I made a big PDF with the same sort of thing for each piece in my setup, with areas to note how everything’s hooked up. Haven’t updated it to my current setup recently, but I did used to use them to keep track of multiple projects at once.

@krism, thanks! You’re always on top of it.

@KrisM @Kites did one of you try this app with success ?
I always feel bad when I erase a very cool pattern :slight_smile:
The ability to replay the pattern is exactly what is needed to bypass the lack of pattern saving/loading in OP-1…

@LyingDalai I haven’t yet. I have too many music apps, I don’t end up using.

This one seemed promising, that’s all…

You could write your sequences onto LSDJ, a music program built for our old Gameboys, you only need a Gameboy (DMG, color, pocket, advance sp…) and a flash cart for around $40, with this you can write tons of sequences and actually hear them play in 8-bit. Definitely useful !

Basically a gameboy can do some things the OP-1 can not :confused:
I have my OP-1 for 1 month or so and I’m a bit disapointed on how impossible it is to move just one note, or save one sequence and move from one to another. Hoping TeenageEngineering will make some improvements with futur OS updates !

In finger you can save sequences.