Should I wait for the PO-32 or buy another PO?

Hello there,
In the moment I’m planning to buy a pocket Operator and get into music a little bit. I saw many Videos about differend POs on YouTube, but now I can’t decide which one I should buy.
Or if I should wait for the PO-32 to release. I’m not very talented in music and don’t plan on using this Pocket Operator in any serious way, I just wan’t to have a little bit of fun with some kind of rap beats or just electronic music.
The POs I had in mind, were the PO-12 Rythm or the PO-16 Factory or the PO-32.
I hope you can help me.
Thank you in Advance,

Fezzo

Arcade is fun for instant gratification and makes me smile the most. PO-12 is easy to get a decent drum track down on. I’ve got all the others (except PO-32), but those 2 are the ones I find myself using the most.

Arcade is fun for instant gratification and makes me smile the most. PO-12 is easy to get a decent drum track down on. I've got all the others (except PO-32), but those 2 are the ones I find myself using the most.

But do you think it makes sence for a bloody beginner to wait for the new PO-32?

Isn’t the 32 available? Get any, they are all cool. The 12 is probs your best bet to start with. It’s very fun. And very immediate. But watch some videos and see which sound you like best.

The pocket operators are very easy to pick up and learn. I’m new to toys that make noise, and started with the Arcade. It’s a hoot. Now, a few months later, I have 5 POs and 4 Korg Volcas and having a great time learning to use them.
The PO-32 wouldn’t be my first choice, as it’s very specific. In fact all the POs have a specific role, but the Arcade is by far the more versatile IMHO.

The PO-20 and 28 are very chiptuney. If you’re not into that kind of music, I’d go for a PO-1x. Or maybe a completely different machine, like a Novation Circuit or Electribe 2.

If you wanna do beats the best choice is most likley the PO 12.
I ve 6 POs (not the PO 32) and all are unique. Right now my favorite is the Sub … I am a huge fan of 80s synth music scores (like John Carpenter soundtracks) and the Sub is awesome for creating great bass lines… the one I use the least is the Arcade.

"But do you think it makes sence for a bloody beginner to wait for the new PO-32?"

It all depends on your budget… I always waited for some special deal like (black friday or whatever)… if you only have money for one pocket operator watch all the youtube videos and you will find out which one suits you most. The only thing you dont see in the videos is, how much fun it actually is to use them. :slight_smile: … and it doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or not.

I started on the PO-12 because I had to wait two weeks for my OP-1 to arrive. I’ve got the 14 and 20 as well but I find the PO-12 the most interesting with the 14 a very close second. Start with either, you’ll find yourself buying another one soon anyway :wink:

Once you have your first hardware take a look at some Apps for your phone. I’ve extensively used the free version of Caustic just for sketching out stuff and trying things. It even has a small Modular System you can play with. Awesome stuff. Of course nothing beats the immediacy of hardware but this way you can try new concepts/ideas without shelling out stacks of cash to feed your GAS :wink:

Please use PO-12 to fire.

Cheers!

PO-32 is much fun but PO-12 is very punchy, much fun.
Good thing is it integrates pretty well with other gear :slight_smile: