Since TE won't fix the POPS AND CLICKS RAMPANT ON THE OP-1 - What are your workarounds?

I bought a Octatrack which also Pops & Clicks. So i can split up my anger on both machines … :)

Wow, really. Is that a common issue for the Octatrack? I probably won’t get one, but in case I consider it one day, that is good to know about.

I bought a Octatrack which also Pops & Clicks. So i can split up my anger on both machines … :)

But doesn’t function + knob turn something something automatically cure that by auto-snapping to the nearest through-zero spot? I just read that yesterday.

@LibertineLush No, as I said above, there is a solution in the OT (FADE IN/OUT)

But according to @ifeelokay the solution is not perfect, as it introduces a brief break for continuous samples like pads.
Note that there is a way to slice the sample and find a zero-crossing while editing.

@Unflattered I have trouble to understand English sometimes… :B

Hi , im new here but not to the Op-1and maybe this is coming from a frustration point buthave to ask;;;

What do you mean in the title of this forum ’ Since TE WON’T fix…"

Have they been addressed this issue and said they could not or would not fix it?
That would be very sad , very sad.

Honestly i leave my Op1 out of my stuff just because of this ,i just cant have random clicks and pops or spend that much time and effort on avoiding something that should not be there in the first place.

“The String Engine” : my favourite synth on the Op1 but i literally never use it because of the random uncontrollable clicks pops and electric distortion. just not useable im sorry. these cannot be filtered or “faded” out in my experience .

I do use the “work-arounds” to at least still be able to use it but it really is a drag and vibekiller .I use my other boxes primarily wich is sad because of the Op1’s potential.

the samplers also need alot of work i feel…

I hear people fussing about what’s going to be on the next update ; a new effect , new engine???pfrt.

Let’s fix what’s already here shall we.

Since this thread has been resurrected, the above post made me wonder whether the noise only happens when you are plugged into USB? Anybody know? Thanks!

It all happened a long time ago, in a previous version of this forum that is now lost… we even did a petition to TE, and they actually did some changes in the firmware, but it did not solve all the issues. If I recall correctly, there were some limitations due to how the tape works. It is also a known fact that the CPU struggles with the more intensive engines.

Interestingly, on the Episode 11 of Midnight Operations, TE mentions how complicated it is to code for the OP-1, which may explain why they are reluctant in fixing those issues. They don’t seem to look forward to that kind of challenge.

True! in some cases , but the tape and sampler clicks are a seperate issue and are not affected by the charge function.