Snapshots is full: i dont't get why.

Hi, sorry for silly question. I’ve got used OP-1, and i don’t understand snapshots problem. There is some user presets and samples in the memory, and about 100 Mb free memory. But when i try to make snapshot of the synth, it allows me to make just 1 snapshot, and then it shows “FULL” when i try to do more snapshots. When i connect to MAC, there is 1 snapshot file about 58 kb. Why i can’t store more snapshots? What have i miss?

How many user presets do you have installed? There’s an upper limit of presets, don’t know the exact number.

AFAIK snapshots count as user presets.

Yes, you are right. A tried to delete some presets and it let me to save some snapshots. I just thought preset number is limited by memory storage (there is 1/3 empty), but it seems i was wrong. Weird design, but op-1 is all weird after all…

Yes, you are right. A tried to delete some presets and it let me to save some snapshots. I just thought preset number is limited by memory storage (there is 1/3 empty), but it seems i was wrong. Weird design, but op-1 is all weird after all...

I think the limit is 28 drum patches and 42 (44?) synth patches. Not dependent on memory usage at all.

@sammyjams I think you’re wrong : it was 42 drum patches and 100 synth patches in my book :slight_smile:

@sammyjams I think you're wrong : it was 42 drum patches and 100 synth patches in my book :)

Yes that sounds more like it!

i’d guess that the actual number of synth patches depends on how many are synth engines and synth samplers.

the sampler files take up way more space

From TE support:

The OP-1 can store the following:

Max Synth Sampler patches = 42
Max Synth Synthesis patches = 100
Max Drum Patches = 42

I guess you need to subtract the factory presets from the figures above…

Thank you all for explaining, guys.

Did we ever get a definitive answer to this?

I’ve only put 32 drum kits into the Drum folder totalling 39MB and 3/4 way through loading them it started saying failed to create kit or a whole load of them.

They’re all small files and short names.

I have nothing else installed on it so can’t be a shared memory issue.

Any ideas?

One possibility is that they pre-allocate the RAM memory required for holding the preset information (like type and name, except maybe for the actual preset data), so that the menu scrolling can be very responsive.

Someone mentioned that mac computers need their trash emptied to free up deleted user presets.
Do you use a mac and have removed some kits earlier?

Someone mentioned that mac computers need their trash emptied to free up deleted user presets. Do you use a mac and have removed some kits earlier?

Gonna bump this one…Want to make sure I’m understanding.

I own a mac, and empty my trash often. Just made sure to do so with the OP connected to see if that made a difference. I have been getting the “full” message when I try to save snapshots for a while now. I figured it was because I had too many sampled synths on the OP1 that I had transferred over, so I deleted a bunch. From what I’ve read, you have 42 synth samples, 100 synth patches (synth patches meaning meaning snapshots yeah?) and 42 drum patches. My OP currently has 18 synth samples on it, and 4 snapshots. It has 34 or so drum patches, so I should have plenty of space. But she’s been saying “full” for a while now…Can’t save anything…Which is frustrating.

Peculiar…

Also on a side note, anybody ever get the “Op1 Scrambled & Fucked Screen of Death” on their unit? I see it often enough…Should I be troubled?

I had that once - it was after saving, renaming and reloading a preset. I think something became corrupted during that process. I ended up reseting the unit.

Another side note, I just got done hooking up the OP to my macbook…transferred a few new synth samples over no problem. So, I’m not exactly sure what is “Full” on it. And since synth snapshots are totally different then sample patches, then that shouldn’t really matter anyways if I am trying to save more of those then eh?

if you take a snapshot of a sample it will save as a sample so it’s still a larger file.

if you take a snapshot of a sample it will save as a sample so it's still a larger file.

Ok…makes sense. What I don’t get is the OP seems to be handling me piling on more samples via my computer just fine…as I just posted, I added some this morning because I wanted to see if it said “full” immediately before and after I hooked it up to the mac. It did.

Couldn’t save synths or presets as a snapshot. Said “full” to both.

I would consider doing a back up and a factory reset.
Just make sure you update the operating system safely ,with the TE cable in good working order-safe usb connection direct on mac.
I wouldn’t want to be recommending you down the path of recent update woes - but when mine was crashing a reset sorted it. TE recommend occasional resets.
Is yours a brand new or 2nd hand OP-1?

Brand new. Had it about 2, maybe 3 months now. Immediately updated the OS to 225 when I got it, and it’s been working well for the most part.

That’s a good idea though. Will try it tonight.

Thanks.