Some breaking Op-Z news!

Remember that all EU sales will have 20% VAT included in the price you see, whereas US (etc) will not.

$599 is a bummer, might as well keep saving for the OP-1 then. Not saying it’s not worth it but for $250 more I can have there flagship product, I’ll wait.

I think there will be a ton of developments, ongoing for this synth, even more than there were for the OP-1. I can totally understand if someone would be open to waiting on this for a couple firmware updates. That being said, I won’t be!

Don´t want to start a flame war (this expression is still in use or it´s becoming vintage? :P) but the price appears to be reasonable, based on the Cuckoo first analysis and the specs in the TE site,

it´s a 16 tracks synthesizer which can sequence (lots of ways, from “p-locks” tracker/elektron style to arps), play samples, seq with MIDI out (and wifi?!) do videos and/or sync them…It appears to be really powerful and based on the Pocket Operators, we can trust that TE can do small and abstract products with great usability and massive sound.

It appears to be a very different beast from the OP-1, even if its in a hardware design and industrial experience continuum. You can obviously save more money and get an OP-1, but the OP-Z doesn´t appears to be a kind of stripped down OP! :slight_smile:

Also, even if it´s a “boutique” company, I need to praise Teenage Engineering for the compromisse to make acessible products like the Pocket Operators, which are unique and really cheap. So I don´t think that they are making inacessible, expensive things - they have a broad range of high quality products!

Looking forward to seeing a Cuckoo tutorial vid soon, must be one on the horizon if they are thinking of firming up a release date and taking pre-orders.

I hope upon hope that they lose that weird yellow power / volume dial on the side though not holding my breath - they’re a stubborn bunch.
Don´t want to start a flame war (this expression is still in use or it´s becoming vintage? :P)

No Flame war here. I’m sure the OP-Z is going to be awesome in it’s own right. All I’m saying is at that price I might as well grab the piece of gear I’ve been gassing over for years now. I was hoping the OP-Z would be a cheaper only for the reason that it could be a bridge till I finally spend OP-1 money.

Doesn’t the Z look like a 2? OP-Z is OP-2 in disguise. Sorry there won’t be any OP-2. Naah just kidding…

Don´t want to start a flame war (this expression is still in use or it´s becoming vintage? :P)

No Flame war here. I’m sure the OP-Z is going to be awesome in it’s own right. All I’m saying is at that price I might as well grab the piece of gear I’ve been gassing over for years now. I was hoping the OP-Z would be a cheaper only for the reason that it could be a bridge till I finally spend OP-1 money.

Fully agree. If you´re gassing for the OP-1, focus on it. It def worth! :smiley:

Yesterday, sweetwater had $599 and a “checkout” button to pay for a preorder. As @Bradley says, thats gone today. Very interesting!

My guess would be that Sweetwater perhaps jumped the gun on the pricing, and Teenage Engineering asked them to take the price and preorder link down. It seems to have been replaced with a “Contact Us” button.

Doesn’t the Z look like a 2? OP-Z is OP-2 in disguise. Sorry there won’t be any OP-2. Naah just kidding...

Yes it means 2, but the Z is also the last letter of the alphabet…what that means?

Well, apparently I left an OP-Z in my cart at Sweetwater from the other day. Today I got an automatic email "Are you ready to finish your order?"

The price had changed. Now it says “SALE: $88,888.00” or
3 easy payments of $86,222, $1,333, $1,333

Wow, that’s a great sale!!! I don’t think I’ll “Checkout Now” :wink:

They are sold out of their preorders. For a device that was supposed to ship in November or whatever of 2017, mid-May seems very resonable. I have no doubt that they called me and told me this by jumping the gun. They don’t operate (pun intended) that way. They said they received an email from TE stating mid-may as the ship date.

Well this has been an emotional roller coaster! I really hope it’s not $599 I would probably have to pass until i see enough of it to determine if it’s worth it vs some of the other gear that’s out there in a similar price range. At the $300-$400 range I was planning on getting it at release. Hopefully the information isn’t all in yet. (fingers crossed)

my sweetwater representative told me it was shipping at the end of april. i think once they put the price up and word got out of a shipping date the pre-order sold out and they took the link down with the price for now.

Emailed my Sweetwater rep about my pre-order from the fall. He said $599 was correct and that they are shooting for May. I’m excited about the opz. What’s on paper already looks good and I think they have more up their sleeve.

this price of 599 dollars, when will it be official on the sweetwater website, it seems very high!

When someone said $300, maybe they meant the price difference between OP-1 and OP-Z. :wink:

There was a video on YouTube where one of the TE guys was asked at an event the price range and he said they were trying to get it into the 300+ range. I’d say they didn’t quite make it… :smiley:

Oh it’s definitely 300+. :stuck_out_tongue: