Some breaking Op-Z news!

Just received. A call from my Sweetwater Rep - OP Z will be shipping in May. Officially $599. I was the first preorder several months ago so I’ll be among the first to receive.

Odd they didn’t bring anything to NAMM with this news! He said they just got an email from TE earlier this afternoon. EXCITING STUFF!

I’ll wait for a reputable source. I don’t trust pre orders. But thank you for sharing. Mini hype train doot doot.

It makes sense. TE just told us in the newsletter that it will be released in the spring.

I'll wait for a reputable source. I don't trust pre orders. But thank you for sharing. Mini hype train doot doot.

You can choose to wait for whatever you’d like… in just giving news for a product that up until I took this call was void of any for some time.

Preorder link is up, $599 confirmed:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OPZ

What do I do!?

I live in Australia, and I’m on a ship from March to July :’(

Does anyone know if I’ll be able to buy it in store?

I’ll be around iceland, UK, Norway, Baltic sea, including Stockholm between May & July

The Helsinki-based store verkkokauppa.com will have it, but how soon, depends on the final release date. However, for warranty reasons, perhaps it’s more prudent to buy directly from TE. Dunno. One alternative is that you could use my Helsinki address for ordering from TE, and then pick it up from me when you’re here. But let’s see first when it actually gets released. TE is notoriously bad with these things. =)

600 euros/USD is not cheap. Let’s see what the final spec list will be.

Btw googled the price speculation thread, and @millbastard nailed it:

> I reckon it’ll be $599 US. If it is any less than that I will be extremely surprised

@vehka I told them allllllll!

I hope they don’t do the usual dollars -> pounds conversion in the UK (£599). I was hoping it would be cheap enough to be an easy decision but you could also get a Digitakt or Digitone for around that price.

OP-Z seems cooler in some ways, but I’m a bit worried about the ‘modular effects’ thing meaning they will sell you more effects. I think there was also a hint at selling you new sounds as well in one of the preview videos, that almost made it sound like a preset machine. For that price, everything should be included.
The Helsinki-based store verkkokauppa.com will have it, but how soon, depends on the final release date. However, for warranty reasons, perhaps it's more prudent to buy directly from TE. Dunno. One alternative is that you could use my Helsinki address for ordering from TE, and then pick it up from me when you're here. But let's see first when it actually gets released. TE is notoriously bad with these things. =)

600 euros/USD is not cheap. Let's see what the final spec list will be.

Thanks Vehka! I’m 100% buying, so if they actually ship in May, then that seems like a good op! I’d love to be an early adopter. I don’t actually care about the spec, it just looks really fun.

Btw googled the price speculation thread, and @millbastard nailed it:

> I reckon it’ll be $599 US. If it is any less than that I will be extremely surprised

@vehka I told them allllllll!

#boom

As far as stateside, my rep at a sweetwater said I was the first to preorder and that first batch is now full. $599 is close to a Digitone but this seems to have so many possibilities that have never been explored on one portable device. I’m very much looking forward to it!

Hmm probably be around 1000$ in Aus

Op1 is $1379 in Aus

Ouch! For that sort of money I would definitely wait for perhaps 2 or 3 firmware updates etc before joining in the fun.

I remember when TE first released the OP1 list price I pulled out of being a beta tester as it seemed a lot but with the benefit of hindsight it was well worth the cash. Maybe its the same this time.

@ghostly606 yeah I’m thinking the same… might pick up a digitone though. Think it will pair nice with the op1, especially because the inputs can have fx on them

The aussie dollar is like 80 US cents at the mo.

Sucks because I get paid US on the ships I work on

$599 would be £422 but I bet it’s going to get priced at £599!

Maybe it’ll work both ways? $599 AUD plz :stuck_out_tongue: