Song - bottom of manhattans '79

Hi all, just finished this one…whew! Had to slow the tape down to fit the length of the track. Anyhow…hope someone out ther enjoys it!

https://soundcloud.com/arcana-red/bottom-of-manhattans-79

That was great, thanks for posting that. A nice change from the usual (more noisy) demo’s out there. Very ethereal, a nice Boards of Canada vibe (esp with the lead synth). So good i listened twice!

Love this !!!

Reminds me of Disasterpiece as well.

This track is a beauty ! Totally brings me to other places…

That was great, thanks for posting that. A nice change from the usual (more noisy) demo's out there. Very ethereal, a nice Boards of Canada vibe (esp with the lead synth). So good i listened twice!

Wow, thanks Jonesy_op! I appreciate your comments…yeah I’m so impressed with how versatile the OP-1 can be. I’ve inadvertently limited myself to only using the OP-1 lately, because I’ve been kind of busy on the go. The buried vocals at the end for example was just me sitting in a hotel lobby singing ‘1979’ into the built-in mic in the drum sampler and then using arpeggio to randomize the numbers. hehe. I like BOC quite a bit…I was just making my own presets, and some had a lo-fi, maybe analogue-ish quality to them…and the results just kind of happened. I really like the new firmware update and the added sound shaping ability in the LFO section. So nice! Thanks for listening! :wink:

Wow ! This is 100% OP-1 ???!?!?

Now I’m very impressed !!
Love this !!!

This track is a beauty ! Totally brings me to other places...

Hey thanks so much LyingDalai :wink: I’m definitely going to check that out too! I made myself some manhattan cocktails while recording this…and the music and drinks both brought me to other places too. hehe…thank you for your kind comments! :wink:

Love this !!!

This track is a beauty ! Totally brings me to other places...

youtubing Disasterpiece brings me to other corners of disaster… (Slipknot) :slight_smile:

This is awesome man! Love the autopanning vibe to a lot of it, and great use of fore/mid/background elements some really cool reverberations etc

This is awesome man! Love the autopanning vibe to a lot of it, and great use of fore/mid/background elements some really cool reverberations etc

Thanks millbastard! Glad you liked it. I think CWO was a big part of that…I used it more like a long tail reverb. I just tried to find the sweet spots :slight_smile: