Superlux HD 668B Headphones

So, admittedly, I’m a music lover. But I don’t have a lot of money to spend- my OP1 was the most expensive musical expense since my Strat. Anyway, I don’t have a huge sound system- I live in a apartment, and I’m a commuter. Needless to say, I listen to most of my music through headphones.

I saw some people on here talking about Superlux HD 330 headphones, and for 40 euros, I was like, oh sure, why not.

I got some Superlux HD 668B headphones from Thomann here in Germany, and all I’ve gotta say is WOW, they are awesome. No, they didn’t pay me to write a review. As a matter of fact, I did try the HD 330s first, and didn’t like them nearly as much- I gave them to my 4 year old. The HD 330s were imbalanced, so the right ear was louder than the left.

I put some velour pads on them, I think they are for Beyerdynamics or something, but regardless, they sound awesome. They aren’t closed back, so they probably won’t work DJing, but at home they are really nice. I just wanted to share because, well, they are cheap (my Etymotics cost a bunch more and don’t have the bass) and sound awesome.

I don’t know if anyone would consider them audiophile grade, but they definitely sound better than my Koss PortaPros which cost the same, and nearly as nice as my Etymotics. They definitely can put out some bass when I use a headphone amp.

Anyway, I just wanted to share because I think it’s a product that doesn’t suck and may be useful to some of you.

Happy trails,
Ted