Sync OP-1 to Ableton clock and Start stop

I tried to let the OP-1 start it’s sequencer when I start Ableton. This did not succeed. The other way around works perfectly, to start Ableton after pressing the Start-button on the OP-1. Did a search on this forum but could not find a solution. Anyone?

You need to make sure the op is in sync mode in the tempo screen. Turn the green knob right I think.
Then you need to make sure ableton is set to send midi clock and remote is on in preferences.
The thing is, this will only start and sync the tape, and what’s recorded on it.
If you want to sync the sequencers you need to trigger them via a midi note just like you would if you were playing them on the op. As the tempo page is in sync mode the sequencers will be in sync.
Hope that helps ?..
I have only had the op for 3 days and figured this out yesterday.
It’s a little annoying but at the same time it’s cool as you can have 4 parts playing back from tape AND play a live synth/sequence over the top!
Enjoy :slight_smile:

I’ll have it a go that way. Never had the interest of this way of syncing. Always just used the OP as a ‘fiddle around’ device. Thanks for the reply @adh82!

No problem!
Yeah on it’s own the op is an amazing all in one box, but I think once you can break away from that it’ll open that little guy up to a whole new world!!!

Hey, some time passed by since the comment but I just successfully applied your tip…many thanks! Just have the feeling, that the clock of the OP1 is slightly off…any idea how to make it 100% sync?

You need to make sure the op is in sync mode in the tempo screen. Turn the green knob right I think.
Then you need to make sure ableton is set to send midi clock and remote is on in preferences.
The thing is, this will only start and sync the tape, and what’s recorded on it.
If you want to sync the sequencers you need to trigger them via a midi note just like you would if you were playing them on the op. As the tempo page is in sync mode the sequencers will be in sync.
Hope that helps ?..
I have only had the op for 3 days and figured this out yesterday.
It’s a little annoying but at the same time it’s cool as you can have 4 parts playing back from tape AND play a live synth/sequence over the top!
Enjoy :slight_smile: