Sync op1 and po12

Hi people,
How can I synchronize the 1 op with a Po12 ?
Thank you

The op 1 master e poket slave please

Without dropping $300 on the the OPLab, there’s only one work around. It’s a trick I also use with iPad apps like Gadget. You’ll need to get a stereo splitter (Hosa makes one for around $5 USD) and in Tape on the OP-1, pan track 4 all the way right and record a 1/8th note sequence of metronomic beeps. You may have to tweak the sound to get the PO to recognize it as a sync signal - usually a synth hi tom with the nitro filter resonance cranked up will do the trick (I supposed you could even sample the PO’s sync noise, but I’ve never tried.) Tracks 1-3 have to be panned all the way left - these are the tracks you’ll be jamming on. Using the stereo splitter, just route the R channel to the PO’s sync in, and the L channel to your mixer, speaker, or headphones. Make sure your PO is set to SY2 sync mode, press play on the OP-1, then play on the PO. They should be tempo synced! The downside is that you only hear the left channel of the OP-1, which has a mono synth engine - but you miss out on track panning and the master effects are stereo. But the upside is that you save about $295! I like to jam and work on compositions this way, and then sample what I need from PO once I have something I’m happy with.

Set BPM the same on both devices. press play at the same time. this works very well for me!

so the sound comes only from one speaker ?

Yeah, there really isn’t much drift between the OP-1 and PO clocks, but chaining the sync to other gear and being able to change tempo from the OP-1 as a Master is nice. Also useful if you’re slaving the OP-1 from Ableton.

so the sound comes only from one speaker ?

The stereo splitter splits the signal into two mono signals, so whatever you are routing the OP-1’s audio into will read it as a mono input and it should playback on both channels (at least that’s how I understand it and how it works for me.)

Pink, you are a “Maestro” Thankyou for your time, But with op Lab the problem is not there,
How does it work op Lab?

I use a Kenton USB and then a Volca to send sync out.

Greta idea!

Great idea!

I do think that TE will include an analog sync option using the audio input in the next update if this is technically possible. It seems logical to me that they should talk to each other without the need for an Oplab. But, I guess, they have commercial reasons to not do this…

OPLab will function similar to the Kenton USB host or iConnect Midi but without the need to use a Volca to convert MIDI din to Sync - it can essentially translates the USB MIDI clock message to a language the POs will understand. The OPLab also allows you to sync all kinds of devices - there are some pretty cool examples in the videos on TE’s website.

The Oplab is also about 1.5 times the combined price of a Kenton USB host and Volca combination...

(the SQ-1 would also work instead of a Volca to anyone interested)

record some of the sync pulse from the PO-12 to a track on the OP-1, make sure signal is good and hot! create a loop that times out correctly for the BPM you are using (i made a few loops at different BPM) pan the track with the sync pulse recorded onto it all the way left, pan all other tracks right, then take the left channel OP-1 output and feed that into the PO.
in tempo mode on OP-1 set green knob to “link” and “beat match”. by
doing this you can play a loop on the OP-1 that sends clock to the PO
via the left channel output which can be sped up or slowed down by
adjusting tape speed with the white knob.
i found this was a workable method to play midi sequences from the OP-1 to outboard midi gear, using kenton midi host, and have them in sync with the PO-12, (or PO-14, PO-16). being able to vary tempo is awesome too.

Tank You Very much, My Friend have a Store And Sunday test The oplab :ok if it will be worth the buy

I do the same as Ghostly606
I use a Kenton USB Host (Or the OP-Lab) to send midi sync to Volca then the volca sends a clock signal to the PO-12.

You can pick up Kentons cheap these days esp on eBay (but quite rare) and prob grab a 2nd hand volca on the cheap too.

Why oplab And volca? Its possible oplab And korg esx?

I do the same as Ghostly606
I use a Kenton USB Host (Or the OP-Lab) to send midi sync to Volca then the volca sends a clock signal to the PO-12.

You can pick up Kentons cheap these days esp on eBay (but quite rare) and prob grab a 2nd hand volca on the cheap too.

And… the Volcas are great fun too.