Synth Sampler app

Hi folks,

I got an OP-Z on preorder and I am wondering about how to get my own Synth Sampler patches in there, as I would like to prepare for the day of its arrival.
I don’t own and OP-1 so I can’t create them on there, so my question is: Is there an App to create Synth-Sampler-Patches? I know there is one for the Drum-Sampler, but haven’t seen one for the synth.
Anyone?

Cheers!

All you need is to ensure that your synth samples are 6 seconds long and that you’ve saved them as .aif-files and you should be good to go.

@Operator666
Thank you…that’s what I wanted to hear :slight_smile:

another question here (i don’t have an op-1 anymore either):
if i want to create patches for the drum sampler, i know the files should be max 12 seconds long, but how does the op-z slice them like i want it to?

@klausklaerwerk said:
another question here (i don’t have an op-1 anymore either):
if i want to create patches for the drum sampler, i know the files should be max 12 seconds long, but how does the op-z slice them like i want it to?

That’s a good question. I’m guessing you either load and sort them as one file per drum sound or you do some kind of editing in the app. The last guess doesn’t seem likely though.

just use the drum utility app and it will create the slicing info for you

http://now.teenageengineering.com/post/47348903156/op-1-drum-utility

@Acey said:

Do you have a clue why this tool produces distorted audio for me?
I drop clean files on there, and afterwards the sound distorted, kind of “bit crushed”.

@CptSpaceship said:

@Acey said:

Do you have a clue why this tool produces distorted audio for me?
I drop clean files on there, and afterwards the sound distorted, kind of “bit crushed”.

Hi, are you using the VST version of the drum utility or the online web version? Because I used the web version at first and had the same results, bit crushed sounding lower quality drum samples. However the VST version worked just fine for me

It does seem truly odd though that TE is relying on a third party app as seemingly the only way to get sliced aif samples on the op-z drum tracks. If anyone else has a suggestion that would bypass the drum utility vst, i’d be very curious

Hi, are you using the VST version of the drum utility or the online web version? Because I used the web version at first and had the same results, bit crushed sounding lower quality drum samples. However the VST version worked just fine for me

Hey, thanks for your reply. I used the download version.

@andrewc said:
It does seem truly odd though that TE is relying on a third party app as seemingly the only way to get sliced aif samples on the op-z drum tracks. If anyone else has a suggestion that would bypass the drum utility vst, i’d be very curious

Possibly avoiding legal scrutiny by copyright holder for enabling users to easily sample material. big difference between radio sampling a la op1 and high fidelity imports of the same material. Legal or not one is more likely to raise eyebrows. Just a thought

@oscar3000 said:

@andrewc said:

Possibly avoiding legal scrutiny by copyright holder for enabling users to easily sample material. big difference between radio sampling a la op1 and high fidelity imports of the same material. Legal or not one is more likely to raise eyebrows. Just a thought

That’s ridiculous. There are tons of samplers with direct input like the MPC Live, Sp series, etc etc. This has nothing to do with copyright (and how would a device manufacturer be influenced by that?)

@eclipxe said:

@oscar3000 said:

@andrewc said:

That’s ridiculous. There are tons of samplers with direct input like the MPC Live, Sp series, etc etc. This has nothing to do with copyright (and how would a device manufacturer be influenced by that?)

Most device manufacturers aren’t using .aif (apple),
Companion app (apple)
Not suggesting they’d have any direct legal culpability but as mentioned, hey may not want to raise any eyebrows. Anyhow it was just a thought. Line in is different than creating / distributing branded software designd to alter / covert audio files to be manipulated and subsequently recoded or used by individuals. (I believe « how Would manufacturers be influenced? » is pretty clear. But it’s just a thought not a fact.