Synthesized Piano Patch

ghostly606, it works for me, there’s a file icon under the SoundCloud widget. You can also try using this link: c3e76bf29c697a29143e55b2d228d8.zip

ghostly606, it works for me, there's a file icon under the SoundCloud widget. You can also try using this link: c3e76bf29c697a29143e55b2d228d8.zip

Thanks, that link worked. I saw the file icon when I first viewed this page a few weeks back but it wasn’t there this morning. Sod’s law, it’s there now! :smiley:

The patch doesn't seem to be attached to this post anymore @Gambler. Any chance you can reupload?

BTW, I think downloads don’t show up on this forum if you’re not logged in (which happens periodically as your session expires).

Thanks a ton! super nice!

This is great! thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Does anyone have this patch still?

https://op1.fun/users/gambler/patches/realistic-piano

Note: op1.fun does require a (free) account before you can download

Hi!

I’m new to the OP-1. I downloaded the .aif file, I’ve put my OP-1 intr-o disk mode (shift+com+T3), added the aif file, under different names, different folders, etc (from what I understand I should put it inside the synth folder). After I get out of disk mode, the OP-1 says it found a new patch … but I can’t find it anywhere afterwards. I even watched the Red Means Recording guide on youtube. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for being so off-topic.

Thanks

Thank you!

It’s amazing! I love it!

Just like @hsablonniere I have some “cutting” / “clipping” when playing chords quickly.

But that’s a detail. I love this patch!

Will this work on the OP-Z ?

Insane sound! – Thank you very much!
As others reported aswell, I also get some clipping. It doesn’t only happen when playing quick chords. Game of thrones intro by the way, also clips AND produces clicky sounds– Any chance to avoid that?
Maybe with a different LFO that compresses the sound? The current LFO isn’t doing tooooo much to the sound.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the clipping you might see in this patch is from String engine, not LFO. It’s a genuine OP1 bug, because it only affects real-time playback and doesn’t get recorded on Tape. I hope TE will fix it at some point.

1 Like

Everything sounds correct. Try creating a new folder for your own patches.

I don’t think OP-Z has compatible patch format and even if it does, it doesn’t have String engine.

It’s kind of funny how much attention this patch got. I put countless hours of toil into editing a free orchestral library for Kors Kronos and while it got some attention initially, it quickly faded into oblivion.

Maybe I should publish more of my OP-1 patches… Problem is, there are a lot of them (I keep deleting the ones I can easily recreate, and usually the memory is full). Making a demo for each one is quite a bit of work. Hm. Would it be too arrogant if I went through all of them in a single track and then published ones people actually liked? “Free patch sale”, heh.

1 Like

I think unless there’s a copyright issue of some sort, if you put the time into it (we all know how much time goes into making electronic music) it’s not unreasonable at all to sell your work. My opinion. It’s nice to make a little something for work that’s appreciated!

Strange this link isn’t working for me.

The op1.fun links is probably the most reliable:

This reminds me… Now that OP-1 Field allows naming, I really should publish more of my old patches.

1 Like

Yes please