TE x IKEA FREKVENS Full Review

Hi I bought the whole set as well two lamps and two of the visualizer lights the subwoofer and the speaker. Very disappointed in the fact that I connected everything locked it all together and it only works when plugged in for the lights. What a disappointment. Would’ve been amazing to be able to run those lights off the battery even if it was only for 40 minutes to an hour. The fact that I can’t be portable with it is disappointing without hardwired power.

that’s indeed a big oversight.

Just got to Gels from Amazon. What a difference

2 Likes

Can you please post a link for the coloured frekvens amazon addons? Or a discription of the item? Thanks!

2 Likes

Ok, I will give it a try with other kind of music. However I expected it detects the beat and reacts on that, given any volume or spectral features. Maybe that was too much to expect for such a price? :grin: Look at this official video of Teenage Engineering. After the intro when the beat starts the multilight is totally out of sync. However some of the lamps (not the multilight one) seem to follow it, sometimes… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8rEt2-l448/

Update on the raincoat:

I ended up buying one, then found out that the snap buttons are set up for women, not men. Something to consider if you’re thinking about getting one.

How does it compare sound wise to other bluetooth speakers? Anyone with Frekvens speakers and some other to compare (jbl, etc.).

I don’t have any bluetooth speakers and want to buy some. Not sure if I should invest my money rather in Frekvens or other speakers.

After waiting for a year or two I’m superhappy with the Frekvens lights and audio units.

I’m now puzzeling for the right setup and connection.

I would like to make the audio unit a wired stereo pair to amplify my OP1 and PO’s…

So I have 2 frekvens 10x20 and 1 sub. I can connect a stereo male minijack to the OP1 to a splitter that makes it double mono (L+R) to both of the units. The volume has to be set spereately per speaker but I guess that will be ok. Is this the right way to connect the speakers? Or is it the wrong way to connect with 2x mono cable in stereo input if I want stereo sound?

When I connect the sub to the L speaker I guess I only get the sub sound form L. So can I use a double mono male jack from L and R to feed the sub via a stereo male minijack to get the sub repond to both L&R?

Anyone who can help me solve this puzzle?

Best regards.
Bas

On the lights, is the sensitivity to sound adjustable? I have one that flashes quite more frequently than the others, and another that rarely reacts unless the volume is quite a bit louder.

1 Like

what does that mean?

It means that the buttons are set up to be snapped closed with the left hand, as women’s clothing is.
Men’s shirts and jackets are set up to be buttoned closed with the right hand.

For more info on this weird bit of trivia:

1 Like

very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

1 Like

Teardown video

He says Eneby sounds better, I tend to agree.

3 Likes

I think it’s just too bad that TE only worked on the design. I wished they would also collaborate with the features and sound quality, although it sounds ok.