Teenage engineering choir with OP–1 field

Big thanks for showing us all what it’s like. Certainly ticks the kooky fun box.
You should try a duet with the Miku guitar pedal.

2 Likes

Free VST alternative for those interested in synth voice choirs:

4 Likes

Plus a Korg pedal version: KORG MIKU STOMP〜千本桜 - YouTube

I was going to buy the one I like but it is sold out :joy: thanks for the video definitely what I needed to pull the trigger.

1 Like

Thanks for the videos :pray:

1 Like

full choir arrived tonight:

Jay Gilligan shared a post on Instagram: "@teenageengineering choir!". Follow their account to see 9704 posts.

11 Likes

thanks for the vid and photo.
interestingly, they look like a lighter tone of wood than TE’s photos on their site.
Good to see them all next to each other without the pro photos and staging.

I am intrigued. Seems like some really fun interactive art.

Ya gonna need a bigger desk my friend! Maybe the only time TE could have gone a bit smaller.
Be cool to hear a glissando+tombola.

1 Like

yeah they are really huge! but that also adds to the sensation of when they sing for you, its quite impressive. definitely going to have to find a place where they can live with more room…

1 Like

I can imagine that would be half the fun, positioning them. Sitting within a circle of them after a few smokes/drinks, lights off and one of those disco balls on the go;)

1 Like

I’ve seen on the manual there is the capability of controlling vowels and consonants via OP_1 F encoders…

Did you test it?

Great to see them in action!!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

encoders not working yet on op-1f or op-z… i’ve emailed TE support, let’s see what they say!

2 Likes

You just got velocity sensitivity!

5 Likes

I’m dying to see if I get velocity with the choir now!!

2 Likes

I know I’m super excited. I love it and it works well with the sequencers too. What a day!

2 Likes

can confirm velocity on the op-1f is not transmitted to the choir…

2 Likes

haha damn that’s very interesting. But perhaps there will be a choir update, or perhaps not!

hi, how do you connect the OP1F to the Choir ? I can’t seem to make it work

turn one or more members of the choir on. hold down the power button on the choir and you should hear them say “searching for controller”

push shift and com on your op. then push the button on the blue encoder to advertise that its ble is searching for a connection.

you should hear the choir say “something something midi controller” when its connected.

for me the op-1 takes some time to connect. the op-z is much faster to connect.