The op1f is such an infuriatingly frustrating device

I had the original for about 5 years and sold it in 21 due to not using it a lot ( for more than I paid for it).

I was very excited about the field and bought it immediately. But now I am so frustrated with TE, they always seem to stop at 85%

a few examples:

that audio interface thing, where you can send audio to an ipad but not monitor it due to feedback, which I presume would be a teeny bit of code in the op1 os and which they already made possible with the opz. Buying a tx6 is a solution, but teally overkill for a minimal op1/ipad setup for the road.

or an delay which canā€˜t sync or pingpong

or a dimension synth which canā€˜t do pure noise

or still no solution for file organisation with ios

or no undo (some say this is a feature!?)

or no way to edit out crackling with tape loops ( is there a way?)

or 8 tape slots, but only two albums

and do onā€¦.

I really donā€™t care about the price, which made most people scream at their screen for weeks now, resale value should be great, if you donā€™t like it, but many of these things were already in the original, so probably they wonā€™t fix them.

3 Likes

You have DNA for this ^^

Always is big a word. IMO the third series of Pocket Operators hit the bull eye.
But feel free to put your list here:

4 Likes

youā€˜re missing a sweepable resonant filter with DNA

1 Like

Not if you throw Nitro on it!
Turn up the drive/resonance and sweep the lowpass or highpass filter.

You could even record that sweep to tape then resample it and add another effect on top.

Or have nitro + master effect, record to album, then resample from album back to sampler.

1 Like

that kind of proves my point: a lot is possible with the op1, but only with three handed octuple tricks, which could be solved so easily with a tiny bit of code. pure noise is there in dimension, just not accessible

2 Likes

you can also do noise with dr wave and the lfo set very fastā€¦

edit but i hear you. whats infuriating to me is that og snapshots dont import correctly. overall though i think its too early to judge it too harshly. i suspect te will improve stuff ā† leap of faith, but they have a good track record with the og so lets seeā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah I hear ya. Especially since it says noise in the dimension synth, just just doesnā€™t go pure noise, always with some sort of underlying oscillator (saw or square) (explaining in greater detail so ppl without a field understand.)

1 Like

Appreciate it, I was a bit confused about that particular point. I also immediately thought of dna and how that is absolutely a noise generator, at least on my OG-1! I actually have a bit of a hard time dialing in something I like on that engine so far, but Iā€™ve only messed with it a few times.

1 Like

This engine needs a lot of patience or curiosity to find sweet spots, but there are some :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will see what I can muster out if it today haha

Update: bleep bloop

1 Like