I finally decided to tighten everything down on my OP-Z, I used the famous plumbers tape fix on the bearings and pots on the front and they are solid as a rock now.
For the backplate, my knobs on the back we’re always twisting and allowing the backplate to open or come off and it was always shaky and rattly.
So for this I used a couple of my kids thin hair rubber bands, as you can see in the photo if you wrap them around the pegs of the back panel and then push them against the back when you’re closing it and twist the knobs it will add a little bit of push back it’ll reduce all of the vibration and the knobs will be harder to twist and they will stay in place like they’re supposed to.
I did try this, although with no improvement unfortunately. I twisted down in them pretty hard and they didn’t seem to tighten up any, and the cover still had a vibration. But it’s along the same thinking.
If you have a look at the rubber feet that will soon be available on ifixit (https://de.ifixit.com/Store/Generic/OP-Z-Rubber-Feet/IF237-015?o=1):
I’ve got the feeling, that the two parts are not necessarily screwed together in the genereal sense. It looks more like the rubber part is inserted in the hard plastic part and the screw then only “extends” the inner rubber part to keep it in place.
So it MIGHT help to loosen the screws, press the two parts together as tight as comfortable and screw again. I’m just afraid to try
This is a great question, yes the Bluetooth button still works just fine. I do not sense that I need to push on it any harder than I did before. I probably been mashing on it too hard all this time anyways.
Yes, this is from a very unfortunate fall that might precious took and landed directly on the volume knob. at the time I noticed it felt a little looser, you’re the first to notice the crack, even I didn’t see it then because when you take the knob out, the crack is almost invisible. Good eye. Time to email TE and ask for another. I was most afraid after it dropped because I thought that the pot would break off of the board, but it seemed to be okay. I guess the only casualty was the plastic knob itself.
I had the same issue with my back plate being loose and rattling, so I just put a single piece of electrical tape across the back and it seem to help out tremendously! I’m gonna have to try the rubber band method though for my loose rubber feet.