Too much noise!

I am So frustrated. Whenever I try to set up my music system around the tx6, I get so much noise, mainly from the other teenage engineering devices Op1 and opz. But my Norns also is a noisy bugger. I tried noise isolators, usb isolators, running most of the stuff from batteries, but it keeps on hissing and crackeling. I don’t have this problem with my large mixing desk. What is your strategy to avoid noise? As I have a few desktops synths It is not a possibility to run everything off battery.

I know it has to do with USB power, but I can’t understand why this is not addressed by the manufacturers. Please help, I’m close to giving up.

1 Like

It’s absolutely a bummer and makes using the USB-C connection a pain. I’ve tried different USB hubs and USB cables to various success, but I feel like the OP-Z is possibly the biggest offender of the bunch… and I really just wanted to connect the OP-1 Field to the OP-Z over USB-C for midi/timing, and then use audio connections to the TX-6 for a small portable setup.

It’s a shame because the OP-Z can bring much better midi functionality, and the OP-1 Field offers a lot of interesting things with the tape, so they can compliment each other well, but I find the noise levels to be annoying, inconsistent, and obnoxious as well :confused:

1 Like

Any dreams I had of using OP1F with other devices has been thoroughly squashed by the USB noise. I’d definitely be using it as both a looper and another sound source with Digitakt and modular but its useless with this much noise.

1 Like