Tx-6 audio interface windows

I’ve been debating about buying the tx-6 for a audio interface, but I have a windows computer. Will the tx-6 be able to support 6-12 mono channel in the future for windows or will it just stay at 2 channels?
Also, does anyone know how many channels Mac devices support? It just says multi-channel on their website.

not sure about windows.

i use 6 stereo/12 mono channels on my ipad and mac

1 Like

It works on Mac just fine, but OP is literally asking if it will ever work on windows because it doesn’t currently (it’s just a 2in/2out for windows)

That said, OP you’d think they would have that as part of the roadmap! It’s a big feature of the device, but I don’t know of any where that TE confirmed multi-channel will work on windows in the future

2 Likes

So is it confirmed that it’s still just 2in/2out for Windows as of the last firmware update?

I’ve also been considering buying the Tx-6, but this is the feature that’s been holding me back.

I noticed after the last firmware update, it seemed like the 2in/2out marketing language for Windows was removed. So it made me wonder if they had actually added support for more inputs on Windows?

If anyone who had a Windows system can confirm, would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried it today with Windows 10 and could not get more than 2 channels in or out working. When checking in Reason in 12 in and out mode, Reason is showing 12 ch in or out but cannot open the audio device. So not working yet. Lets hope for an update.

2 Likes

That’s too bad, but thanks for confirming. It was just my wishful thinking after seeing that note not be so prominent. :slight_smile:

Thanks, this finally cured my GAS for this mixer. :drooling_face:

1 Like

I wish I had found this thread before buying the thing :D. 12 channel out/into daw is working fine in ableton but setting it to 12 channel usb in/out from daw will crash asio 4 all. At this price they should work on a custom asio driver like every other professional interface.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope they create drivers for the TX6 for Windows, at the very least, similar to the OP-Z or OP-1.

1 Like

Just to chime in that I’m having the same issues here - notably both Windows and Linux are affected very similarly.

I’ve been testing with Windows 10, 11, and Ubuntu Studio, running Bitwig as a DAW. I tested ASIO4ALL drivers on Windows, and Alsa in Linux. This covers several devices - a desktop machine, Dell Latitude laptop and a Microsoft Surface Pro 7+.

I run “12out EXT” straight into the DAW, simply set up the synths/drum machines to provide some sound input on each stereo channel pair (though 2in 2out seems similarly affected).

It seems like if I wish upon a star, turn round 3.5 times and reboot the PC then if I’m lucky it will be stable for a session - however, if I restart the TX-6 or the DAW it’s a certainty that I’ll get either a slowly ascending “wave of glitch” which abruptly stops, then builds up again after a few seconds (which sounds a bit like it could be some sort of sample rate desync), or it goes crazy with hideous digital feedback across all channels (less frequent than the previous scenario).

A compatibility firmware release or dedicated drivers are a must imho, especially for such an expensive device.

e; I’ve also tried rolling back to an earlier firmware, with the same issues.

1 Like

Try the new fw 1.2.12. Not sure if it works for 12ch, but it doesn’t seem to glitch anymore for 2 ch regular windows audio.

2 Likes

I’m so glad they did an update. Thanks for letting me know.