TX-6 feature requests

I love TX-6 and think it has more potential.

I would really like more than 3 scenes. Like maybe up to 26 scenes, one for every letter instead of only 3.

I also think it would be terrific if the synth had a way to toggle between the current note mode and a free mode where it could dial in any frequency. I want to play the chakra frequencies exactly and they don’t line up with available notes at this time.

3.5mm midi clock out from Cue port!

Or midi in.

Or both!

6 Likes

I wish I could record 6 tracks from the OP-1field into the TX6, 4 stereo tracks from the OP-1f tape recorder tracks plus the master. Even just the four tape tracks would be great. Maybe my request would need to be in an OP-1field feature request thread? Maybe it can’t be done, I don’t know.

1 Like

Limiter fix. It is currently doing nothing

I wonder if this is technically possible - without it I can’t see a way to include non USB-Midi-Devices in the TX-6 workflow. If they’d made it possible I think I’d buy one :dart:

That’s true, the limiter is not working. I hope they eventually fix it.

I asked in the feature request for at least midi out and they said they will forward it to the dev team:

currently, the aux and cue output can be used to send sync: https://teenage.engineering/guides/tx-6#sync-output

it would be cool to have them as trs midi out as well: we forwarded this feature request to our dev team!

2 Likes

It would be very cool, and I’m kind of surprised it doesn’t do that already. Hopefully now that EP-133 as well as OP-Z have MIDI over TRS, maybe that update will come. Sure would be nice.

2 Likes

https://teenage.engineering/downloads/tx-6

sampler, looper etc etc

2 Likes

Please make the limiter do something. It’s been long. Will keep insisting…

2 Likes

Great update. Even more fun with the TX-6. Wow.
Detune for drones is great.
And the sampler with sequencer is amazing.

1 Like

but it’s limiting the output quiet fine,no?

it’s dropping volume which is audible

1 Like

a major issue for me with the tx-6 is that I would need a secondary assignation to potentiometers

By designing the tx-6 with 3 pots, they went for a problematic restriction for very basic mixing needs. You’d want bass / mid / treble / pan at the bare minimum IMO.
3 pots rather than 4 is problematic as I have to chose between mid and pan…

Now what I’d want as an update is an interface fix to immediately switch between 2 control assignations by having an alternate function to each.
like for example pressing the shift button along the pot would switch to a secondary function, not ideal but better.

1 Like

I would like the feature request to have Pre Fader / Post fader AUX send PER CHANNEL. Not for all the channels. Alternatively I would really like to be able to pipe audio directly to the aux/cue out directly from the DAW so i can send the click out one of the alternate outputs.

Right now, if I want to have click in my ears with volume control of sources I have to use a channel and send click on AUX in pre fader mode. Its clunky and I don’t love it.

Anyone have a different workflow for click on the TX-6?

Thanks !:slight_smile:

1 Like

I would really love the ability to hear the fx trough the cue and/or aux outputs per track selected, so I can send a track with extra fx to the op-1 for recording (because the input fx on in op-1 are very limited; or just extra fx on the op-1 :P)

1 Like

I’ve been having some fun using the onboard synths (drones, drums, etc) and think it would be incredible to be able to use the 6 inputs as individual outputs when using standalone synth mode. Not sure if this would even be possible in current hardware, but it really makes me appreciate the bi-directional jacks on the TP-7 that much more.

1 Like

would be lovely if TX-6 received some FX love similar to what the EP-136 K.O. Sidekick is capable of. Namely the Tape, Loop and recordable automation of fx parameters.

2 Likes