USB Audio UPnP

I’ve had success sampling audio from the iPad and Mac into OP-Z via USB audio, but struggling to get audio in from a record player with USB output…

On Mac, I can see this record player fine, (It shows up as UPnP USB Audio as an input)

Is there a list of USB Audio compatible devices to sample from? Anyone else had success sampling from a device that a Mac recognises as ‘UPnP USB Audio’ ?

USB audio has a host and a slave mode. OP-1 only implements slave mode. I’m guessing the same is true of your record player. Host mode is quite a bit more complicated and requires all sorts of additional things including the ability to power other devices. Your computer, phone, Raspberry PI, iPad are all examples of USB host devices. Hope this helps.

1 Like

BTW if both the OP-1 and the turntable are connected to the Mac then you can use your DAW to route the turntable’s audio-out into the OP-1’s audio-in. What I said above only applies if you’re trying to connect the devices without the Mac (USB host) connected.

1 Like

I had the same with my mixer (which has a usb out) and doesn’t get recognised by the OP-Z. It is as described in the first reply.

I just record from my mixer to my Mac in audacity and then into the OP-Z.