USB MIDI/Disk-Mode stopped working but it still charges on USB

Hey guys,

Out of nowhere USB MIDI/Disk-Mode stopped working on my OP-1. It still charges over USB, so the port isn’t completely dead as it seems.

I’ve tried different ports on different computers (mac and pc), different USB cables and also did a factory reset but none of those solved the issue. Currently letting the battery drain so I can fully charge it back to see if that helps.

Any other ideas? Fortunately I’m already on the latest OS (which might be the last one?) but it’s a bummer to lose disk mode and USB MIDI. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

check the connector on the OP1 side? could it be there’s some dirt in it?

check the connector on the OP1 side? could it be there's some dirt in it?

Just checked and it’s clean.

i’d guess if spraying some compressed air or contact cleaner in the usb port doesn’t fix it

that maybe u’d need one of those replacement connector boards?

or if yer real real handy w/ a soldering iron might be able to fix it that way?
i'd guess if spraying some compressed air or contact cleaner in the usb port doesn't fix it
that maybe u'd need one of those replacement connector boards?

or if yer real real handy w/ a soldering iron might be able to fix it that way?

Yeah, I was thinking opening the connector board, cleaning if needed and re-seating it.

I’m still inclined to think that it’s a logic error/OS glitch and not a faulty connector because it’s charging over USB.

I haven’t tried formatting the drive, I’m afraid to brick it this way. Does formatting erases the OS? What’s the difference between formatting the drive and doing a factory reset?

Thanks!

not necessarily tho. there are 4 pins on a USB jack.

power, ground, data + and data -.

could be that one or both of your data lines got wonked somehow,
but the power and ground are still good so thats why its charging but not doing anything else.

reseating the connector board cable is worth a shot.

Just reseated the connector board, no cigar. It was mostly clean inside, looked fine I think. I’ll try draining the battery/full-charge again…

dang sorry man. maybe email TE if u haven’t already?

Just did that, hopefully they’ll have a solution. Thanks!