VHS Crosstalk Analog RYTM Sample Pack / VHSRYTM album

Hey fam, was lucky to get to do this VHS sample pack for my friends at Elektron. Some of the samples were made with my beloved OP-1 and PO's. If you were thinking of checking it out, but don't have an Elektron, no worries you can load em up in any sampler of course! :) Super stoked on this rad video they did.

https://youtu.be/TFtOajmqoMk

Here's a link to the product page.
http://eu.elektron.se/accessories/vhs-crosstalk/

Also made a little album featuring performances of the demo patterns I made for the kit. You can check that out here.

https://virtualflannel.bandcamp.com/album/rytmvhs

Here's a couple free download codes!
Redeem Here: http://virtualflannel.bandcamp.com/yum
ct8d-xhya
snzc-j527
pwte-y3wv
xh9q-39h8
jq27-czq2

Had a lot of fun with this project. Hope you enjoy the samples or the album, or just get a kick out of the cool video. Peace fam!

Wow! As I told you before, I will get the sample pack tonight.

I´m really impressed with the sounds you did. I´m still struggling to dominate the synthesis of the Analog Rytm, so I´m anxious to listen the new kits :slight_smile: And although I don´t use synth loops, the drum hits appears amazing!

Congrats on such a great collaboration!

Gonna give your album a listen now.

congrats, that’s pretty terrific.

Thanks fellas! Hopefully more collaborations on the way.

Just bought it! Hope it’s a huge success and you get more gigs from them – seems to be flying off the shelves, judging by the forums.

(also got word from the girlfriend that the sticker pack has arrived! was thinking of sticking the AR sticker on the dust cover of the AR, but I guess that gets a bit too much into Xzibit territory)

sounds great, thanks for the code too.

Don’t worry about it @josker, the Octatrack is Xzibit’s best friend! "Yo dawg, I heard you liked Elektrons, so Elektron made an Elektron that you plug other Elektrons into so you can Elektron your Elektrons while Elektron’ing your Elektrons."

Whew.

Agreed, everyone needs a tiny RYTM on their RYTM so they can RYTM while they RYTM cuz we know how much you like RYTMing dawg.

Just bought it as well. Really great sounds, many congratulations!

(now considering Elektron again but still a little scared of them)

Thanks man! Ya, the Elektrons are an investment for sure, not only financially, but also time wise as they are so deep. I have bought and sold many Electrons and always end up buying them back or wanting them back. RYTM is most accessible and flat out fun, so its a great place to start into the Elektron world.

Thanks man! Ya, the Elektrons are an investment for sure, not only financially, but also time wise as they are so deep. I have bought and sold many Electrons and always end up buying them back or wanting them back. RYTM is most accessible and flat out fun, so its a great place to start into the Elektron world.

You are most welcome, its an excellent collection of sounds… Yeah, its mainly the time thing that keeps my finger just off the trigger as I struggle to find enough of it. Thanks for the advice though, I’ll look into RYTM some more. Seems like there are crossovers with other Elektron gear in terms of workflow so if it becomes a gateway into a full-on Swedish setup I might not feel so lost. They seem to hold their value if its not for me.

congrats @Virtual_Flannel :slight_smile: well deserved, great video as well.

/t

Wow congratulations man, and many thanks for the tracks !

I really love the Brainfeeding Pattern 6 :slight_smile:

You nailed it man !

Thanks fellas, really glad people seem to be mostly digging it!

Hey mate I listened your “little” album a few times now, I must say that I really like the sound of it !

It’s decided : yours will be the very first Elektron pack I buy :slight_smile:

Not that I am too lazy to try to recreate those sounds, but first I think I’ll learn quite a few tricks, and I find this an amazing way to buy an album that was given ^^

BTW : here is the link to Elektronauts forum page talking about VHSRYTM.

OK there is definitely much work in there, it feels great to play with your sound, @Virtual_Flannel !
(E1ster egg ?)

Hey @Virtual_Flannel, here is a quick track for you !

:smiley:

Hey @Virtual_Flannel, here is a quick track for you !
:D

Thanks for sharing my dude! :slight_smile:

As I did in private, I should praise @Virtual_Flannel again for the pack: a lot of cool stuff, nice textures and really well done kits. Learned a lot about the Analog Rytm with them. Inspired by the pack, I got today the earlier one done by Legowelt, will listen tonite :slight_smile:

However, I have a doubt about the pack that maybe @LyingDalai (and others that bought the pack) can help me. In most of the kits, not all of the machines/pads shows a distinct sound.

For example: in the Kit 1 right now all the tracks of the same group (CH and OH, CY and CB, MT and HT, RS and CP) have the same sound. It´s true that I can see some differences (example: the CY have a lot of Delay and Reverb; the CB have no Delay at all and less reverb), but besides this, I got no changes at all.

Another example: in the Kit 8, both CY and CB shares the Sound 11, the same thing with the MT with the HT, which shares the sound 7. However, the RS and CP have different sounds (3 and 4, respectively), but although CH and OH have also (nominally) different sounds (9 and 10) I cannot hear the OH (synth turned off, sample off).

Although this can be a choice of @Virtual_Flannel - especially because I identified after asking him that the sounds have diferences (a little filter, a reverb/delay, etc) - I have detected a bug on the AR that loads the wrong sound in a pad, so I´m a little worried.

@aeoner I’m leaving for holidays so I cannot test this right now I’m sorry (and I’m leaving the AR behind, this is tough).

Check if you hear differences with Scenes and Perf maybe… But first of all : try to reload the pack from the very beginning !
Maybe you did something wrong at some point…

I’ll check this at the end of the month, if the matter is still debated :wink:

Cheers :slight_smile:

[my VHS-induced track as been edited, cause the bass was not well tuned… plus I add a bit of spatialization : check it again, gentlemen]