(Video Update) Raspberry Pi USB Midi Multihub/Sync/Control/Power/Organelle/Pure Data/Cheap/Mobile/

@JohnnyEgo

Hi,

I think this is a very good idea. Have you finished it yet?
How about adding a analog clock output for connecting pocket operators? That way they can be synced while keeping the OP stereo.

…iam on vacation and hope to have something soon. :slight_smile:

all in all it’s working as described and since then my Oplab collects some dust… my solution handles all of my USB Midi Gear at the moment.

@risingson it should be possible to add analog clock out as this whole concept is based on a raspberry pi…which has some pins that can be used for that…

...iam on vacation and hope to have something soon. :)

all in all it's working as described and since then my Oplab collects some dust... my solution handles all of my USB Midi Gear at the moment.

@risingson it should be possible to add analog clock out as this whole concept is based on a raspberry pi..which has some pins that can be used for that...

Great! Since I still have an Orangepi lying around the house I am going to have a go making myself a USB host out of that one…but the analog clock part I don’t know how to do yet. I’d appreciate help, if you know how that could work.
By the way have you considered using an orangepi zero? They are dirtcheap on aliexpress and run linux just as raspberrypi and they are smaller.

I’ve made a Video for you! Stay Synced

aconnect on the pi is great. ive always had to use an external powered usb hub to power everything though.
pi4 has slighlty more mah on the ports? might be less of a problem. ill try that.
i think there is plenty of overhead left still for jack and audio recording. have yet to try.
DIY norns are coming over on the lines forum. might be a good platform to get that all running.

1 Like

not seen in the Video is the Organelle System which runs in real-time and spits out its Audio via the OP-Z USB audio function. all of that runs in parallel on a raspberry pi3 in this case.

I am using a 12w Apple power supply and that’s enough for charging and powering etc.

the pi 4 can go up to 60w via USB c

Is there an (easy) way to use this type of midi-hub Pi to also record audio via USB? It’d turned it into an awesome central hub.

Also what are the benefits of having norns running on the Pi? I’m not super clear on how norns compares to Orac for example.

with this image you’ll get a Pure Data environment which can make use of the quad core CPU because of its real-time behavior, if you then search the web for PD patches or even Organelle patches which can act as a recorder or looper you should be able to easily expand the recording tracks or multiply them.

put your patch to the startup flag inside pd and it Autostarts when power cycled.
It’s always great to have some mutable Instruments code up and running because it’s made with love but Orac is great aswell.

I’m totally interested in that, could you provide a link? I alredy own a raspberry and I’m a developer so I may be able to help if needed

1 Like

So you’re selling it… I’m must say I’m a bit disappointed, knowing how friendly and helpful communities like this one can be, I expected a shared work. I think I will go my own way, sorry

3 Likes

are you still selling this? need something that can hold a driver for the boss rc-505. it’d be game changer to be able to host my op-z with the rc-505 and maybe a keyboard or two.

1 Like

of course! check the YT Infos :))